Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendations for Seattle Based installers + Coatings!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L V6
Default Recommendations for Seattle Based installers + Coatings!

Hi All -

I'm looking for some recommendations on an installer for some Flat Fender Flares I bought (Bushwacker brand). I'm in Kirkland, WA (little east of Seattle, WA).

Also, does anyone have experience with the "Line-X Body Armor" spray? I'm looking at getting my XRC Bumper and skid plates sprayed. I barely scraped the XRC bumper and the cheap power coat came off easily!!! I'm also considering having it sprayed inside the wheel wells, I was told it's only like $80.00 to do the wheel wells so I feel that's really fair if it holds up!

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Last edited by DS-Matt; 03-15-2014 at 09:25 PM. Reason: added link to body armor page on line-x site.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:16 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: Golen 4.6 Stroker, AFE Headers, 62mm TB, 24 LB Injectors, Brown Dog kit, HF Cat, 3" Exhaust

Originally Posted by DS-Matt
Hi All -

I'm looking for some recommendations on an installer for some Flat Fender Flares I bought (Bushwacker brand). I'm in Kirkland, WA (little east of Seattle, WA).

Also, does anyone have experience with the "Line-X Body Armor" spray? I'm looking at getting my XRC Bumper and skid plates sprayed. I barely scraped the XRC bumper and the cheap power coat came off easily!!! I'm also considering having it sprayed inside the wheel wells, I was told it's only like $80.00 to do the wheel wells so I feel that's really fair if it holds up!

Thanks in advance for the advice!
Can't answer you about the first part but a friend of mine owns a 4x4 shop ( does roll cages installs lifts etc.) And he also does line-x. When I asked him about getting my axles done in it, he told me that it does outstanding with impacts but not with pressure sliding against it. Plus it is hard to touch up. He recommended not to put it on sliders/skids/axles or anything else that drags on rocks. The rhino lining shop told me the same. They don't hold up to sliding on rocks. They both said to just use paint as it is easy to touch up.