Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1986
Model: Cherokee
Engine: v6 2.8L
Exclamation PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

so I had a clutch done six months ago the clutch master was leaking a little and then my clutch went out. I replaced the master clutch cyl and I still have no clutch!!!!! if I shut the truck of and start it in first to get going and push the clutch in while moving in gear the clutch half *** engages and slips a little like it wants to but its not. I have tried bleeding it all kinds of ways and just not sure what to do now... please help!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2013, 03:30 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 88
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by xjwheeler777
so I had a clutch done six months ago the clutch master was leaking a little and then my clutch went out. I replaced the master clutch cyl and I still have no clutch!!!!! if I shut the truck of and start it in first to get going and push the clutch in while moving in gear the clutch half *** engages and slips a little like it wants to but its not. I have tried bleeding it all kinds of ways and just not sure what to do now... please help!!!!!!!!
You still got air in the line, what I had to do was remove the master and stand it straight up and have some one open the valve while I push the rod in, did this a couple of time and had no more problems with it, either that or the slave is leaking internally. Any wet spots anywhere?
Old 12-05-2013, 05:13 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there fluid in the clutch master cylinder? IF yes you may have a bad master or Slave. If it's empty or low you have a leak.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1986
Engine: v6 2.8L

Yes there is fluid in the master and the slave looks older that **** they did not replace it when the clutch was done I am going to take off the master and try bench bleeding it if that don't work I guess I will try a new slave