Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pinion angle question

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Pinion angle question

So this weekend I installed new procomp leaf springs at 3.5 inch of lift. I replace the worm factory leafs that had an add a leaf jn them. I did a transfer case drop last week that got rid of some vibes I had. The new leafs came with an angled plate on the seat of the springs now my diff is shifted up really high and the vibes are worse than before! Should I remove the angled plates? Thanks in advanced!
Old 10-22-2017, 07:39 PM

Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0L I6

Originally Posted by Nissantech
So this weekend I installed new procomp leaf springs at 3.5 inch of lift. I replace the worm factory leafs that had an add a leaf jn them. I did a transfer case drop last week that got rid of some vibes I had. The new leafs came with an angled plate on the seat of the springs now my diff is shifted up really high and the vibes are worse than before! Should I remove the angled plates? Thanks in advanced!
The angled plates/shims are generally used in conjunction with a slip yoke eliminator and a double cardan driveshaft (you want the pinion to be pointed at the transfer case). You've got a single cardan driveshaft, and the pinion angle needs to be parallel with the transfer case output. Take the shims out.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 481 Likes on 413 Posts
Year: 1986
Engine: 4.3L with headers and full 3" exhaust system

If you are using the original driveline, then the angle on the face of the tcase should match as close as possible to the angle on the face of the pinion yoke. You can get phone apps to measure angles with. If more than 4° difference, then you will need to add a shim to correct it
Old 10-23-2017, 07:08 AM

Thanks guys! Gonna pop the shims out today!