Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painting Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Painting Bumper

Ive been looking into a new front bumper and have narrowed it all the way down to an Affordable Offroad stinger bumper. The only problem is that it comes unpainted. I was wondering if any of you all have had any luck using Valspar Tractor and Implement spray paint? Or what you have used in the past to paint bare metal?

https://www.affordableoffroad.com/sh...he-84-01-copy/ (bumper)

Amazon Amazon
(paint)
Old 04-07-2017, 01:29 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Unless im reading that wrong that bumper has no tie in brackets and bolts to the stock bumper bolts,What that means in english it lacks any support it needs so if you pull on it youll probably pull it right off the jeep.Look at dirt bound offroad and ares fabrication both are better made and not that much more then that one.Back to the question i always sand it prime it and rattle can paint it.Being a off road bumper you will scratch up and tear up the paint so use whatever brand rattle can you like for easy touch ups.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up! ill look into that.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:35 AM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: '98
Engine: 4.0 I6

It looks like their elite series bumper comes with more frame tie-in, but I still like the Ares Fab and C-Rock stuff more

EDIT:
Never used tractor paint, but Rustoleum Bedliner is great. UV Resistant, enough to keep the standard rock-chips at bay but any major contact will scrape the paint away which is going to be the same for pretty much everything but professional bedliner I think

Last edited by investinwaffles; 04-09-2017 at 03:41 AM.