Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ox locker handle.ebrake lever. line lock

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default ox locker handle.ebrake lever. line lock

when i switched to rear disks on my 44 rear i lost ebrakes due to the calipers i used did not have the provisions for parking brake activation.
i have since plumbed a line lock inline with the brakes for parking brake.

now question. i am trying to think how i can use the factory ebrake handle to engauge my ox locker. has anyone ever done this? any advice would be helpfull. ive quickly looked at both and doesn't seem impossible to do, but not an easy job although not much is when it is all on you designing and fabbing things. thanks in advance
Old 10-06-2012, 11:22 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0

I'd guess it'd take simply making some brackets and hooking them together.

It's a cool idea but it seems it'd be more trouble than it's worth.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Seasoned Member

Location: thompson,okanogan,shushwap area in central British columbian
Year: 91 laredo
Engine: HO 4l

iv been thinking about an ox to but if the 1 line is cnnected to the locker and the brake ur just gonna make ur brakes realy hot in this proces....i like how the locker would be almost hiden in this case, you could just ditch the p-brake entirly if you have an automatic and are fine without the brake..

i saw 1 truck ounce with manual trany, double p-brake, t-case doubler (double stick)and cable lockers front and rear....all were operated by seperate levers in the center console, thats 7 freekin levers!!! i personaly thought it was cool cause nobody else can drive it and say if you made them look identical it would practicaly act as an anti-theft device lol (imagine the thief getting in looking around and just saying hell no and leavin lol)

i thought it was a cool idea and to me more levers tells your friends who dnt realy know much bout offroading that ur truck is a serious beast (although less levers than my example is recomended lol)
Old 10-06-2012, 02:35 PM

diago -the p brake is unhooked and i run a electric solenoid to a linelock
the brakes so the handle is unused.

also diego the ox is nice but cables seem to where out pending care and weather, in northeast ohio salt plays havoc on jeep parts like crazy. but i bought a jeep just to pull the ox out of and resell it. these thangs are close to a 1000 bucks new,my advice is selectable is the way to go if you street drive,but if its a toy only just spool it or cheaper locker. mine is 50/50 mall crawler/offroad toy so for me i went selectable

lowrange- i really just want to have one less handle/lever in cockpit of jeep. tcase, trans shifter,hand throtle, ox locker, ebrake that doesnt exist anymore, gas,brake,clutch,wipers turns... just getting to look like an old backhoe with 9000 sticks in it.lol. but ya that is what i assumed was some brackets to hold the barrel of the cable and attcach to the p brake peices. just wondered if anyone had done it. i may end up being the first. thanks to both for input
Old 10-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Seasoned Member

Location: thompson,okanogan,shushwap area in central British columbian
Year: 91 laredo
Engine: HO 4l

Originally Posted by liqour crazy
diago -the p brake is unhooked and i run a electric solenoid to a linelock
the brakes so the handle is unused.
ya if the handle isnt in use sounds good, sounds like there will be alittle fab but not a bunch of trouble.