Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No bus error after engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Angry No bus error after engine swap

My brother's 2000 jeep cherokee sport recently snapped a piston skirt, so he ordered a remanufactured engine since the old one had over 200k miles on it. We have it completely reassembled, everything appears to be where it should be, all fluids are topped off, but when turn the key in the ignition there is a few clicks from the fuse box, and then the odometer reads no bus. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue after an engine swap, and what could be causing it.
Old 02-26-2017, 04:21 AM

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0

From what I read it means one of your sesors is bad or shorted. I also read you might be able to go around the engine unpluging sensors untill the light goes out and that should tell u which sensor is causing it. That's what I found after googling it
Old 02-26-2017, 05:18 AM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0

check your crank position sensor...the clip may have gotten pinched or u broke sensor in general....check the connection tho and if u have front drive shaft unhooked from the the front axle its pretty easy to see the sensor it self...just happened to a buddy when he put a 97 ho 4.0 in a old 89 xj