Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need 2'' of lift in the rear to level out.. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L Inline Six Cylinder
Default Need 2'' of lift in the rear to level out.. HELP

So i recently installed an RC 4.5'' long arm kit with full leaf springs on my 97' jeep cherokee.
I also have 2'' coil spacers on and extended shackles in the rear.
I was doing some measuring early on my ride height, so from what i've read measuring front the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender flare, the stock measurement is 17.5'' well im measuring 25.5 on mine.. 8'' of lift?
The only thing i can figure is the kit came with 6'' lifted coils instead of 4.5'' So 6'' coils plus the 2'' spacers would give me 8'' in theory.
The rear is another story, so right after i installed both front and rear were at the same height, i went to moab last weekend an hit some trails, well after that trip my leaf springs had settled an i lost 2''.
So my question is; I need to gain 2'' in the rear, ive researched about doing blocks that seems to be kinda the short cut way, which im not about that. So do i need to buy new leaf springs, say 6'' springs(which id much rather not since i have brand new ones in..) or what about shackle relocation?? I dont know a whole lot about that and how it works..
Old 04-26-2013, 06:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RockyMountainXJ
So i recently installed an RC 4.5'' long arm kit with full leaf springs on my 97' jeep cherokee.
I also have 2'' coil spacers on and extended shackles in the rear.
I was doing some measuring early on my ride height, so from what i've read measuring front the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender flare, the stock measurement is 17.5'' well im measuring 25.5 on mine.. 8'' of lift?
The only thing i can figure is the kit came with 6'' lifted coils instead of 4.5'' So 6'' coils plus the 2'' spacers would give me 8'' in theory.
The rear is another story, so right after i installed both front and rear were at the same height, i went to moab last weekend an hit some trails, well after that trip my leaf springs had settled an i lost 2''.
So my question is; I need to gain 2'' in the rear, ive researched about doing blocks that seems to be kinda the short cut way, which im not about that. So do i need to buy new leaf springs, say 6'' springs(which id much rather not since i have brand new ones in..) or what about shackle relocation?? I dont know a whole lot about that and how it works..
go with relocaiton boxes.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:02 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 97
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by dogger15

go with relocaiton boxes.
This. But honestly, if you can afford it, get rid if those garbage RC leaf springs.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1986
Engine: 5.0

Or pull out the coil spacers.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:55 PM
CF Veteran

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)