Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my kit arrived today :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 05:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default my kit arrived today :)

big thanks to serious offroad productsfor the good price and fast delivery. can't wait to install it. just have to find the time. :P

Name:  DSC_0018.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  231.1 KB
Old 04-21-2015, 06:02 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Oh no Sir....THANK YOU for being a Serious Customer!
Old 04-21-2015, 08:09 PM
CF Veteran

Received 247 Likes on 206 Posts
Year: 1988
Engine: I6 4.0

Looks awesome. Hey Frank how much for some RE 3.5" coils?!
Old 04-21-2015, 08:26 PM
CF Veteran

http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.co...-MJ-3.5-RE1300
Old 04-22-2015, 08:12 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 4.0 w/ tupy head

Originally Posted by SeriousOffroad
Wow, RE coils went up in price.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:22 AM
CF Veteran

Yep, the parent company is now forcing all vendors to advertise at M.A.P.
I hate being told what I have to charge...but if I don't tow the line they won't fill any orders. Keep that in mind when looking at Shamazon or Fleabay.

You'll notice that I've already dropped smittybilt winches off my site for the same reason. All I was doing was advertising for 4wp/4wdh. They are owned by the same company that owns RE. They can offer free shipping on every smittybuilt product, I can't. I'm looking at some different products to replace the other smittybilt products on my site as well.

FWIW, I lost money on abodyjoe's purchase. The discount I had in place along with the free shipping on full lift kits is a Red Entry in my ledger.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:47 AM

FWIW, I lost money on abodyjoe's purchase. The discount I had in place along with the free shipping on full lift kits is a Red Entry in my ledger.

i know i was surprised when i saw that i could buy the kit with the mono tube shocks cheaper then the kit with the twin tube shocks anywhere else i looked.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:07 PM
CF Veteran

I know Amazon is currently selling the same coils for $140, wonder if they will inflate their price too eventually.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:04 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1999

Originally Posted by unidentifiedbomb
I know Amazon is currently selling the same coils for $140, wonder if they will inflate their price too eventually.
They must fluctuate a lot. 4.5" coils we're going for $94 a few months ago.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:20 PM
CF Veteran

No, they really don't. The parent company recently advised anyone selling their product that they will not fullfill orders from anyone caught selling below their MAP. That's why I had to raise my prices. they claim that they are trying to level the playing field by forcing everyone to sell at the same price.

The problem is that I (and other small businesses) don't have the advertising dollars available to compete with 4wp, 4wd hrdw, Quadratec, etc.

So when you get buried on page 3 (or page 300) on the major search engines....you're dead. How many of you can honestly say that you go beyond the first 2 pages of Google when you're shopping for Jeep parts?

Some folks get rattled when they see vendors pimping their products or websites, but look at at from our perspective...If you're not advertising each and everyday you're going to close your doors whether you want to or not.

So to those that don't care if their parts supplier is around next week, or they are only concerned with a 1 time good deal.....best of luck to ya. If you understand the in's and out's of running a (very) small business and want to support someone that is doing their best to provide you with the best quality products and the best quality service...PLEASE support the vendors that share your passion and buy from those that support this and other websites dedicated to OUR Hobby...Our Lifestyle.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:04 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by SeriousOffroad
No, they really don't. The parent company recently advised anyone selling their product that they will not fullfill orders from anyone caught selling below their MAP. That's why I had to raise my prices. they claim that they are trying to level the playing field by forcing everyone to sell at the same price.

The problem is that I (and other small businesses) don't have the advertising dollars available to compete with 4wp, 4wd hrdw, Quadratec, etc.

So when you get buried on page 3 (or page 300) on the major search engines....you're dead. How many of you can honestly say that you go beyond the first 2 pages of Google when you're shopping for Jeep parts?

Some folks get rattled when they see vendors pimping their products or websites, but look at at from our perspective...If you're not advertising each and everyday you're going to close your doors whether you want to or not.

So to those that don't care if their parts supplier is around next week, or they are only concerned with a 1 time good deal.....best of luck to ya. If you understand the in's and out's of running a (very) small business and want to support someone that is doing their best to provide you with the best quality products and the best quality service...PLEASE support the vendors that share your passion and buy from those that support this and other websites dedicated to OUR Hobby...Our Lifestyle.
I respect that very much. But here is a Serious question... do you give out stickers with your orders? I think it would be cool to represent one when the time comes and I order new coils.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:06 PM
CF Veteran

I try...but I'm out of stock...again.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks like an excellent lift kit! It looks like it has most/all of the extra hardware that doesn't seem to come with most kits that I have been looking at. A huge + for that.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:23 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.6 stroker

I've gotten several items from Serious. Not one single complaint. Any issue I had was dealt with promptly. Frank's the real deal. I will happily order from him when I can. Price isn't the only deciding factor for me, I will happily pay a bit more if I know my service will be superior to others, and I like to help the smaller guy, as well as support community members. I do deal locally when I can as well.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:26 PM
CF Veteran

And your patronage greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply: my kit arrived today :)