Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

maybe a XJ owner soon...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 10:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1998
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default maybe a XJ owner soon...

a good friend down the street just got down delivering mail in her white Right hand drive XJ. and has been trying to sell it for months and talked to my old man tonight and he said they might take 500 just to get rid of it.... so i might jump on it next time im home. i cant wait..... first thing will be coil spacers and shackles and 31s... ill have to do some research on the XJ type jeep. maybe a i can fit 31s without a lift??? idk like i said ill do some reasearch soon and see how it goes. once i get it, ill post up pics and let you all know how things all..... anybody have any info on the XJ issues??
Old 09-11-2012, 11:58 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee

Originally Posted by 1slo_camaro
a good friend down the street just got down delivering mail in her white Right hand drive XJ. and has been trying to sell it for months and talked to my old man tonight and he said they might take 500 just to get rid of it.... so i might jump on it next time im home. i cant wait..... first thing will be coil spacers and shackles and 31s... ill have to do some research on the XJ type jeep. maybe a i can fit 31s without a lift??? idk like i said ill do some reasearch soon and see how it goes. once i get it, ill post up pics and let you all know how things all..... anybody have any info on the XJ issues??
have you ever driven a right hand drive car? i dont think id like it haha but thats just me. $500 is cheap tho. what condition is it in? 31s wont fit without any lift unless you want to cut the fenders. hope it works out for you
Old 09-12-2012, 12:45 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 HO Straight Six

A right hand drive? Thats awesome. Get it if everything checks out. Just check the usual XJ problems - there's a thread in OEM called "cherokee common problems", check it out man.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:28 AM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Year: 87
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: 4.0 I6

I doubt they will take 500. Since cash 4 clunkers its been harder to find super cheap jeeps now.

I would stay away from a mail jeep. The constant stopping and going loke that would be bad for it.

But it is rt hand drive which is cool.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:56 AM

Year: 1998
Model: Grand Cherokee

its a really good friend of the family. on my 21st birthday he handed me the keys to his 86 ramcharger with a 360 in it because i was in michigan and all i had was my lowered camaro at the time. and theyve been trying to sell it for months and the husband just wants it gone but the wife is hesistant so i have 500 sitting in the bank i can drop so ill offer them that cash and my old man said after talking they are kinda hurting for cash and could use a quick sale and theyre good people and know ill fixer up and getter looking better lol. but ill have to check that thread out, but sorry i kinda wanted to brag a little and yes i have driven a right hand drive before.... this exact one when it got a new trans put in it about a year or so ago and its ackward but its kinda cool the funny looks you get sometimes as well. and figure ill get it clean it up real good probably find some lift coils for the front (possibly my 4.5 off my zj) and shackles in the back and see if i cant find a nice set of 31s and just make it clean and see if i can resell quick or drive that and give my fiancee my zj so she can get rid of her pt cruiser....