Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower Control Arm Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 04:06 PM
☠ CF Sheriff ☠

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L HO I-6, 703 Injectors, Brown Dog Super Engine Mounts
Default Lower Control Arm Dilemma

Ok so here's my dilemma. I need to grab some adjustable LCAs for my upcoming 4"+/- lift.

My two options that I've narrowed it down to are:

1) a set of the newer style RC LCAs with their X-Flex joint at the frame side - These are used with "very little wear" - but big and beefy.

2) a set of IronMan4x4 Fab LCAs with a Johnny Joint at the frame end.

My question is this - taking into account the fact that the RC ones are significantly less expensive to me to buy from the seller than the IronMan ones, is it worth the extra cash to go IronMan? I eventually want to go long arm, and this is my DD as well.

Is the bend in the IronManFab LCAs purposeful? It seems like it would prevent the bonejarring effects of short arms at high angles due to the bend, effectively decreasing that angle more to the level of mid arms. Or am I completely off base with that reasoning?

Also, based on peoples experience with the RC joints, can I expect issues with them deteriorating?

Thanks in advance for the input.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:30 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996

based on what I have been seeing about the RC x-flex joints, I wouldnt get any until they come out with a better joint
Old 06-15-2011, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0

i recently just replaced my RE LCA's with the exact RC ones you have posted up there...i bought them new and have had them on for about a month...i dont know if you have seen them in person, but these things are HUGE...i have a RE 4.5 and they are adjusted one turn from being all the way in, so there is plenty of room for adjustment out...

i would personally recommend the RC ones if you are planning on going bigger later, as you havent lost much cash right now and they will not break...that's the main reason why i bought them and love them

...also, this is my DD and weekend rig, and it's held up to both