Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lift/steering

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default lift/steering

i have about 4'5 inches of lift on my 98 cherokee. i extended the brake lines in the front and put 87 ford full size springs in the front. in the rear s10 leaf pack. i dont know what i need exactly in the front to correct my steering. i know i need an alignment but don't know if i need to replace anything. i have no death wobble after the fact but substantial tire wear.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:54 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 HO Straight Six

Do you have an adjustable trackbar? Adjustable lower control arms? Two key things right there
Old 03-16-2013, 04:13 AM
Cherokee Forum Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely look in to at least an adjustable track bar with a drop bracket to recenter your axle under the rig and reduce the extra angle a little. You should also upgrade your steering if you are going to be doing any off roading and especially if you are locked front or rear or both.

I personally suggest an Over the Knuckle Crossover Steering Kit and Over the Axle Track Bar and Relocation Kit with double sheer mounting.

We actually carry both of these products and designed and built them in house. We could make a package deal if you buy both.

Let me know if you have any questions,
Kris Froehlich
Old 03-16-2013, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was gonna get a transfercase lower, zj upcountry tierod and relocate my trac bar for starters just because i have one new in the basement. also have moog u joints to throw on. is that alright just untill money is right? i drive it everyday and don't have have a death wobble or anything just bad vibes from the t case wich the lower would help out with