Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift recommendations

Old 05-26-2011, 09:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6
Default Lift recommendations

I'm starting to save up my money to buy a lift. I'm most likely going to get the 4.5" lift complete package from Rusty's Offroad with the M/T MTZ's. Also going to need a steering stabilizer. What about the LCA's, should I go with fixed, adj. forged rubber end, or adj. forged flexed end? What are the major differences between these? Also, with the 4.5" lift will I need a SYE and extended driveshaft? Are there any other parts that I will need other than the ones that I mentioned?

I'm just trying to see what I'm getting into with this, It's going to be about 1700-2000 (I'm guessing). Sorry about all of the questions, just want to make sure that when I get my lift that everything goes right so I won't have any problems in the future.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:24 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L

I would get it with adjustable arms, this allows you to align it and have more control over your setup later, as far as caster and wheel position in wheel well.

as far as bushings or flex joint i would get flex joints, but the benefit is minimal. the flex joint will allow your suspension to me with less binding and allow for more flex. but the full bushings are a more solid feel and can be more quiet with wear. give/take to what fits you.

at 4.5" of lift i would recommend a SYE. some get away without it but I would at the least plan for it $$ wise. some kits will work perfectly with a front shaft replacing the rear. others you will have to have one made, this part is a bit hard to answer as to what shaft you pick up and what SYE kit you get, tons of info threw google. good luck
Old 05-28-2011, 12:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L I6

Originally Posted by Gorillaxj
I would get it with adjustable arms, this allows you to align it and have more control over your setup later, as far as caster and wheel position in wheel well.

as far as bushings or flex joint i would get flex joints, but the benefit is minimal. the flex joint will allow your suspension to me with less binding and allow for more flex. but the full bushings are a more solid feel and can be more quiet with wear. give/take to what fits you.

at 4.5" of lift i would recommend a SYE. some get away without it but I would at the least plan for it $$ wise. some kits will work perfectly with a front shaft replacing the rear. others you will have to have one made, this part is a bit hard to answer as to what shaft you pick up and what SYE kit you get, tons of info threw google. good luck
Thanks, I know where to get the extended drive shaft. Rough Country has them and they say it is required to be used with their SYE