Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED's and nothing is working anymore

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 10:23 AM
CF Veteran

Received 287 Likes on 237 Posts
Year: 1987 MJ, 1998 XJ, 1973 J2000, 89 waggy
Model: Comanche (MJ)
Engine: 4.0L H.O
Default LED's and nothing is working anymore

i set my jeep up with LED's for brakes and turn signals. Worked Excellent for a little while and then the turn signals/flashers stopped working, then a little while later the brake lights stopped working.

Now i have just gone through a lot of it AGAIN with a low-zero output led signal flasher relay. checked all fuses, swapped out the brake light switch. Checked all LED's with dedicated power and they all work just fine.

I still have my Running lights and headlights (high and low).

What to do?? Not interested in hooking everything up to toggles to "manually" control turn signals and brakes so no suggestions there.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6

Originally Posted by That Jeep Guy XJMJ
i set my jeep up with LED's for brakes and turn signals. Worked Excellent for a little while and then the turn signals/flashers stopped working, then a little while later the brake lights stopped working.

Now i have just gone through a lot of it AGAIN with a low-zero output led signal flasher relay. checked all fuses, swapped out the brake light switch. Checked all LED's with dedicated power and they all work just fine.

I still have my Running lights and headlights (high and low).

What to do?? Not interested in hooking everything up to toggles to "manually" control turn signals and brakes so no suggestions there.
Well if you replaced your lights and flasher relay and nothing works now, and you checked the new lights and they work then its probably your flasher relay. Have you tested it? Where'd you buy it? Its really not uncommon at all to buy something like that new, and it turns out to be junk. I'd say test Tue one ya got or buy a new one and try it out. Also check the wiring to the flasher relay and to the lights. You never know. Maybe you pulled a wire and lost a ground or something.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:38 AM
CF Veteran

Received 287 Likes on 237 Posts
Year: 1987 MJ, 1998 XJ, 1973 J2000, 89 waggy
Model: Comanche (MJ)
Engine: 4.0L H.O

everything worked great for a few weeks. then the turn signals weren't really working but the 4-ways would... little while goes by and then the 4-ways stopped working. All the while the break lights were still working. not too long ago it all stopped working. Didn't think much of it as its not my DD and i don't normally drive it much.

turn signal relay makes no noise at all, swapped in an LED flasher relay and still no difference.