Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Tail light issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1987
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default LED Tail light issues

I recently purchased a set of steel tail light housings with the oval LED tail light bulbs in them for my 87 Cherokee. They have the 3 pin hook up in the back, so I had to purchase a trailer light adapter for it which worked anyway because I wanted a harness for when I pull my boat. Well, last night I got the trailer harness wired in it with no problems and then I got to wiring in the lights themselves. The problem I have is when I hooked up the tail/brake wire, it worked correctly, but as soon as I hooked up the turn signal I noticed the whole light doesn't light up unless I have my foot on the brake pedal. That's when the whole thing lights up nice and bright, if not, only the same 4 leds on each light up. My biggest concern, however, is with everything off, the lights (4 turn signal LEDS) stay barely lit at all times. Anyone have any idea why I have a volt or two back flowing back into the turn signals? Or perhaps a way I can cure this? I spend about an hour trying to reground the harness and several other things, but I cant get it to stop staying on. Has anyone else had this problem before?