Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 03:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Red face LED Headlights

I just purchased a set of LED Headlights from Amazon sold by FunLove. They look like really good quality headlights and installed "Plug &Play" except I now have some really werid issues going on.

1. Turn on the park lights and\or headlights and the rear wiper turns on intermitment even
with the wiper switch off.
2. Use the electric door lock/unlock and again, the rear wiper turns on intermitment.

I have replaced the groundstrap at the battery and checked for good ground at the bolt point on the fender. Both are in good shape.

I understand there is a wiring kit for LED conversions but this addresses flicker issues, I don't have that issue. So it made sense asking here before I throw money at a kit for nothing.

Any ideas?

Thx!
Old 04-21-2017, 09:50 AM

Default LEDHeadlights - Photo's

I have included 3 pictures so everyone can see what I have.

1. Engine Running - Headlight switch off.
2. Engine Running - Park lights on.
3. Engine Running - Headlight switch on.

Thx for looking.
Attached Thumbnails LED Headlights-20170420_084416.jpg   LED Headlights-20170420_084439.jpg   LED Headlights-20170420_084501.jpg  

Last edited by Jojohoy; 04-21-2017 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Add photos.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: '98
Engine: 4.0 I6

1. Turn on the park lights and\or headlights and the rear wiper turns on intermitment even
with the wiper switch off.

2. Use the electric door lock/unlock and again, the rear wiper turns on intermitment
It honestly sounds like you have a wiring short somewhere, can you try to pull the fog light and daytine running light (DRL) relays from the fusebox under the hood? Really, that only helps when the DRL circuit is causing the lights to flicker or not turn on fully

I have no idea where the short would be - I haven't really heard of this issue before!
Old 04-21-2017, 03:02 PM

Smile UPDATE - It's all good now.

Thinking it thru, I decided to re-uninstall the dash and see if a ground wire or wiring plug had somehow got left undone and wala, there it was!! A small yet very important 7 wire plug near the fuse panel on the right side of the passenger floorboard was the culprit.

Lesson learned. When tired and fatigue has set in, stop woking becase the hands are no good without a properly functioning brain.

Atleast there are some photos of my new LED Headlights incase anyone is interested in that type of upgrade.

Thx for reading my post.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1985
Engine: 2.5L

Glad you solved the problem

Can you give us an idea of how well those lights work at night?