Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extreme Play Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Extreme Play Problem

Please ANY HELP!!! I have a 1994Cherokee lifted on a T&T Long-arm 6in lift on 35s locked front + rear. It has the stock style (upgraded drop inreplacement) Steering set up. Overtime the play has increased by a large margin. The play used to be very minimalhowever more recently the play has gotten to the point where the vehicle withdrift from side to side on the road over 35mph and I will have to correct veryoften. I have had it up on jack stands and checked the play from the steeringwheel to the pitman arm and the play is minimal if any. I am going to sell myjeep if I cant get this fixed because it is just too dangerous to drive. Thanksfor the help I can clarify if you have questions.

This image is the only place I can find any play and its front to back not side to side.

Last edited by MillerGT1551; 03-11-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:21 AM
Cherokee Forum Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1998

You need to upgrade your steering at that height man. Your drag link is at a pretty decent angle there Im sure. We have an office in Yakima and Lynden WA and sell a nice crossover steering set up that will get your Jeep more then driveable again. We have had customers say they lifted Jeep drives better than stock.

Check out the steering here. http://froehlichsuspension.3dcartsto...e-XJ_p_11.html

You could save on shipping too because I make it into Olympia quite a bit, we could maybe meet up.

You should check out your track bar too, it is possible that that is loose and allowing your Jeep to drift as well. I could probably take a look at it with ya sometime next week if you would like.

Let me know if you have any questions,
Kris Froehlich
Old 03-11-2013, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lead Foot
You need to upgrade your steering at that height man. Your drag link is at a pretty decent angle there Im sure. We have an office in Yakima and Lynden WA and sell a nice crossover steering set up that will get your Jeep more then driveable again. We have had customers say they lifted Jeep drives better than stock.

Check out the steering here. http://froehlichsuspension.3dcartsto...e-XJ_p_11.html

You could save on shipping too because I make it into Olympia quite a bit, we could maybe meet up.

You should check out your track bar too, it is possible that that is loose and allowing your Jeep to drift as well. I could probably take a look at it with ya sometime next week if you would like.

Let me know if you have any questions,
Kris Froehlich
This all sounds great! My girlfriend lives in Everson WA and she will be coming back to where I am this week, I live in pullman. Could I maybe give you a call and set up a time to pick up the set up in Lynden? I also posted some pictures Let me know if you see any problems. Thanks
Old 03-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Cherokee Forum Vendor

Shoot me an email. That is the best way to get ahold of me right now. Froehlichsuspension@live.com

How soon are you wanting to pick up a kit and what all would you like to order? If she's going from Everson to Pullman then it would actually be better to pick up the kit in Yakima as that is currently where our shop and shipping department is.

Ill look for your email,
Kris Froehlich
Old 03-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Cherokee Forum Vendor

Also. PM me or email me your cell number and I can Skype ya if you would rather talk on the phone. I'm out of the country till next week. Drew is in Yakima though taken care if the business.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Just let me know I'm available for delivery anytime after 5pm on weekdays.

Drew
FST Shipping and Recieving/Fabricator
Old 03-13-2013, 01:40 AM

Email on the way!