Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

deceleration vibtration with new lift

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 98
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default deceleration vibtration with new lift

I currently installed a rubicon 3.5 super ride lift ended up getting 4 1/2 inch lift in the front 5 inch lift in the rear put new leafs control arms everything .

now when I let off the gas I have a slight vibration going down hills etc>...... was wondering if this could be fixed by a axle shim if so what size for a quick fix until i can get the sye and drive shaft .

We already dropped the transfer case about a inch and that help the problem greatly . It is more annoying than anything else.

please give me any scenario you think might work or places to get the sye and shaft where you were happy with the service
Old 01-16-2011, 09:20 AM
"CF Moderator"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1994
Engine: l6 HO

Originally Posted by bownut1
I currently installed a rubicon 3.5 super ride lift ended up getting 4 1/2 inch lift in the front 5 inch lift in the rear put new leafs control arms everything .

now when I let off the gas I have a slight vibration going down hills etc>...... was wondering if this could be fixed by a axle shim if so what size for a quick fix until i can get the sye and drive shaft .

We already dropped the transfer case about a inch and that help the problem greatly . It is more annoying than anything else.

please give me any scenario you think might work or places to get the sye and shaft where you were happy with the service
I have the same size lift and did the TC drop and put in 6 degree shims and all the vibes went away...Tj
Old 01-16-2011, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you have it alligned after the lift?