Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom XJ Engine Wiring Harness

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2023, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom XJ Engine Wiring Harness

I have a 1997 XJ 4.0 4x4 AW4 and since 2023 rolled over I had had nothing but start up issues. I replaced pretty much every sensor with a Mopar OE part and it'll run fine the first couple of starts and then whether the engine is warm or cold it won't turn over until I put my foot into the gas, keep it revved for a few secs, then slowly let off the gas and it idles as relatively normal. I've recently replaced the PCM with an aftermarket reman and now my mechanic is thinking the engine wiring harness is to blame. Bought a replacement off of an ebay vendor but I'm thinking I'd like a more permanent, albeit custom, solution to the PCM and engine wiring harness. I've heard good things about the MegaSquirt products. I'm relatively new to Jeeps and XJs in particular so thread searching has left me with almost more questions than answers. Is there a company/outlet that experienced people have used for a Jeep, specifically XJ, engine wiring harness? What MegaSquirt product would need to be bought for my generation of XJ? Any direction and help would be much appreciated!