Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Wire Power Windows

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Custom Wire Power Windows

Hello All!

After being a YJ owner for several years, I found a deal on an XJ I couldn't pass up. It had a few issues one of which is the windows didn't function. Upon further investigation, I found that the wiring harness in the drivers side door jam was rubbing and the whole thing was melted and burned to a crisp, which, as I understand, is a fairly common problem. The previous owner had already messed with the switch block and it looked to be done for as well.

I decided to do away with the whole switch block and installed a universal double throw, ran power and ground and the driver side window works like a champ. So my question is: What is the best way to get the rest of the windows working?

I am assuming I could scotch lock into two of the wires running each individual window, one for power and one for ground, if I new which color of wire to do this for. That way I could use the factory switches and save myself from installing universal switches in every door.

I care not about power locks or running all windows from the drivers door.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.