Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crap load of jeep parts on order

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crap load of jeep parts on order

Not really sure where to put this. I'm so unorganized when it comes to documenting my jeep build. Everything has taken place far between each other. But I've finally put other "wants" on hold and have decided its time to address "Blaqk." That's my XJ's name.
T&T frame stiffeners just ordered.
All new cooling from Hesco ordered. CSF 3 row rad.
bunch of misc suspension stuff on order. To go up another inch (5.5" net).
IronMan motor mounts.
And going to redo my exhaust since I have a cracked header. Might as well redo the whole thing.
Speaking of cracked headers. So I was talkin to some cats that are into the Jeepspeed thing. They said they don't get cracked headers or anything b/c they use more hangers to support the weight of the exhaust. So i'm going to try that angle and see if it holds any truth.

I'll finally be done paying off my student loans next month. Since 2004. I've been 102K in the hole for a education and living expenses. I'm down to $1000. This will be like a $1000 a month raise when that bloody thing is paid off.

The following month I'll be ordering T&T Custom long arm kit.
Then I'll be addressing my axles and steering. I really want to dial in the steering. I want to over build the axles for peace of mind.
For steering. I'll be going with "Serious Steering OTK." New steering box and the C-Rok plates. At least until I get a bumper. Pitman arm. And a new steering wheel since the pleather has torn to shreds.
I've got a 8.25 in the rear with a locker. I'm still debating whether or not to keep the PowerTraxx or go back to my beloved Detroit locker. Alloy inners and disc brakes for the rear. Along with 4.56 gearing
D30 up front. Will be getting a ELocker, Super 30 alloy inners and outers. T&T Customs truss and better brakes. Thinking of doing the WJ conversion for that 2 piston caliper. As well as 4.56 gearing.
Perhaps I can squeeze in a bumper, winch, and sliders between here and there. Also been thinking about a cage. On board air is in the thinking stages. Not sure what alternator to get. Would like to get somethin in the 140-160amp range. But all the ones I come across are damn near 400 bones! That seems like a whole lotta coin for a alternator.
And it's my birthday on the 12th. Which I work everyday this month, no time off. I'm treating myself. Also before my kid comes in September. Then my bank account will be on lock down.
That is all my rambling for now.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

instead of c-rok go jcroffroad...they are cheaper then c-rok and don't take as long to ship...i ordered from c-rok once and it took forever and i was without a vehicle for well over two weeks cause of them and i asked for rush delivery and would pay them extra but they never even e-mailed me back just sent the part without instructions...