Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coating JCR front and rear bumper(with tire carrier)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Coating JCR front and rear bumper(with tire carrier)

I recently purchased bumpers front and rear (along with the tire carrier) from JCR for my 2001 cherokee. Jeep is black.

I ordered them bare metal as I was unsure on which finish type to use.

I ordered a quart of the monstaliner bed liner that I "was" going to use on the bumpers and then was going to just coat the tire carrier with a gloss black powder coat.

I won't be off roading aggressively so I don't plan on tearing and beating up on the bumpers. I plan on keeping it looking nice.

The more I think about this however, I don't know how that will look, having a gloss black carrier and flat, textured, monstaliner bumper.

Should I just have the bumpers and carrier all powdercoated the same color and texture so it matches?

If so, what color? Flat black, satin black? I don't think gloss would look good because it wouldn't give any sort of constrast.

Also, the powder guy in my area does offer a rougher textured flat black powder that looks kind of like a tame bedliner? I've not seen that before, but it might look good.

If anyone has any pictures that'd be great. Having a really hard time deciding here lol.

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2016, 02:14 PM
Banned

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

My vote is Monsta-line everything! Haha. I had my front bumper and rock rails powder coated twice each, and just want satisfied with it. The coat job was excellent, just didn't like texture, flaking, no way to retouch myself. All that got solved with Monstaliner, that I sprayed instead of rolling on.

Regular pain will fade in the sun after a while as well, Monstaliner is guaranteed not to fade from UV for 2 or 3 years I forget.