Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bushwhacker Flat Fender Flares

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Bushwhacker Flat Fender Flares

For those who have installed the flat fender flares, what is the secret to getting the flares on the spines. I have the spines installed on the rear flares and I am trying to get the flares on the spine, but every time I push the flare on the spine, the trim piece keeps rolling under the flare and jamming up. What is the trick????
Old 05-27-2017, 07:43 AM

Year: 1996 Heep XJ Country
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Chief Gunner
For those who have installed the flat fender flares, what is the secret to getting the flares on the spines. I have the spines installed on the rear flares and I am trying to get the flares on the spine, but every time I push the flare on the spine, the trim piece keeps rolling under the flare and jamming up. What is the trick????
Are you talking about the rubber trim piece that goes between the body and the flare? Most I have seen just mount the flare without that rubber thing.
And no, I don't have the flares...Yet. Just watched about a zillion YouTube videos of the install.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:00 AM

Model: Cherokee

Originally Posted by Force
Are you talking about the rubber trim piece that goes between the body and the flare? Most I have seen just mount the flare without that rubber thing.
And no, I don't have the flares...Yet. Just watched about a zillion YouTube videos of the install.
Yea, that little rubber trim piece. It is driving me crazy. Not sure how important it is. Maybe, that is the trick...