Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Budget bull bar / light bar

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 02:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Budget bull bar / light bar

Hey this is my first time posting so sorry if I'm in the wrong spot. I have a 00' Sport and am planning on going to my local Pick-n-Pull to try and pick up a bullbar or a roof-mounted light bar. They have 7 Cherokees there, but if none of them have what I want, I'll have to look at other cars. I'm wondering if there's another car that has similar enough dimensions for me to be able to take their parts and fit them to my Sport. For example my friend was just able to fit a WRX front lip on his Acura TL. Any help is very appreciated!
Old 04-26-2017, 04:47 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

A bull bar is pretty much for looks only,And light bar you want the light its self or a roof mount to mount lights on ?
Old 04-26-2017, 05:29 AM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0

Bull bars have been called 'Damage multipliers' in some circles. If you run into something with the bull bar it is a lever that acts against the frame rails it is bolted to, causing more damage to the frame than the grille would've taken. Also, the bull bar is then driven into the grille tearing it up also.

But, to answer your question. With a grinder and welding machine damn near anything will fit your Jeep. Pull some measurements of the front of the Jeep and look for something in that range.