Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACOS

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 12:12 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 6 cyl
Default ACOS

how many folks run ACOS. looking at picking up a set, if i don't get a set of those il probably pick up some 4in springs

looking for some pros and cons let me know thank you
-durability- guess im wondering how those threads hold up
-worth the cash?
-stuff like that
Old 07-26-2013, 12:31 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: '99 and '91

I wouldn't buy them to max them out. I'd get them to run the minimum height and then adjustment over time for spring sag/added weight/ fat driver.

Get coils for at least the majority of your lift. Maybe go 3.5" coils and a small spacer? I'm not sure there's many 4" coils out there.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:34 PM
CF Veteran

i have 3" springs with a 1-2 in spacer i believe ( there the heavy duty coils) and i rub like a **** up front
my rear sits about an inch i higher i figure add these and down road replace my worn out shackles then i can bump acos a little and sit even?
Old 07-26-2013, 01:12 PM
CF Veteran

What wheels do you run? Backspacing?

Where do you rub?

Are your bumpstops setup right?
Old 07-26-2013, 01:16 PM
CF Veteran

head in shame here ino my wheels are a big factor 15x7 with like 4.5 backspacing i think off hand no bumpstops
but its rubbing bottom inner corner of flare if i lift it itll be clear and ok for now
Old 07-26-2013, 03:25 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by speedballin
head in shame here ino my wheels are a big factor 15x7 with like 4.5 backspacing i think off hand no bumpstops
but its rubbing bottom inner corner of flare if i lift it itll be clear and ok for now
The corner towards the rear of the Jeep? Adjustable LCAs might help that, pushes the axles back to where it should be in the middle of the fender. Either that or just trim it.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:27 PM
CF Veteran

dont want to cut her just yet her body is so nice lol,
i have adjustable arms
Old 07-26-2013, 03:31 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by speedballin
dont want to cut her just yet her body is so nice lol,
i have adjustable arms
Ok. So it's not a specific corner. Just in general inside the fender. Even if you got wheels with less backspacing you'd likely still hit the fender. Your only two option are bumpstops setup so it stops suspension cycle before it hits the fender OR cut your fenders. Even if you lift more the tire will still hit the fender if it can flex. Yea you may not hit it as much but it can/will happen. More lift doesn't make your fender opening bigger. I'd say just trim it. Don't fear the cut off wheel.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:58 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0L

The threads are incredibly strong; I've seen them withstand some pretty crazy jumps. The posts will probably give out before they do.

They're totally worth it if you want to dial in your lift height perfectly as you can't always do so with spacers (which look ugly and take much longer to adjust.) People are always offering to buy my ACOS if I ever want to get rid of them, so they must be worth it.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:19 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by DieselD

Ok. So it's not a specific corner. Just in general inside the fender. Even if you got wheels with less backspacing you'd likely still hit the fender. Your only two option are bumpstops setup so it stops suspension cycle before it hits the fender OR cut your fenders. Even if you lift more the tire will still hit the fender if it can flex. Yea you may not hit it as much but it can/will happen. More lift doesn't make your fender opening bigger. I'd say just trim it. Don't fear the cut off wheel.
I do agree with most of this, im hoping the inch I gain from the acos will level me all around then adjust my arms to push my axle a little further forward I will need to bumpstop but will no longer rub on the street you know

Originally Posted by JK253
The threads are incredibly strong; I've seen them withstand some pretty crazy jumps. The posts will probably give out before they do.

They're totally worth it if you want to dial in your lift height perfectly as you can't always do so with spacers (which look ugly and take much longer to adjust.) People are always offering to buy my ACOS if I ever want to get rid of them, so they must be worth it.
You sir have definitely told Me what I wanna hear
My Buddy bought a used set caked with sand I fear like mud n **** clogging the threads rendering adjustability useless you know

Sorry on my phone auto check suuucks lol
Old 07-26-2013, 08:22 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

Just be sure to hit them with some kind of lubricant before you do any adjusting. I do the entire length of the posts about once a month just to keep stuff from sticking to them and accumulating. Plus they just look really nice when they're not all dirty.

Last edited by JK253; 07-26-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:23 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by JK253
Just be sure to hit them with some kind of lubricant before you do any adjusting. I do the entire length of the posts about once a month just to keep stuff from sticking to them and accumulating. Plus they just look really nice when they're not all dirty.
Definitely cool I'll have to order a set from work this week Lol
Old 07-27-2013, 07:45 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: Check

Odgreen89on35s ran them on his XJ. He wheels pretty hard. I've seen pics of him wheeling in his build thread I think. So I'm sure they can take a beating.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:05 AM

Year: 1993

I started with a 3.5in lift and after about a year the front springs relaxed to the point the XJ looked like a raked muscle car.. looked kinda cool but I went for the ACOS and found level again. Got about 1 1/4 lift total at the bottom so it sits perfect now.. That was about 4yrs ago and holding up very well and couldn't be happier. Well worth the money and would buy them again in a second.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:20 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Gee oh Dee
Odgreen89on35s ran them on his XJ. He wheels pretty hard. I've seen pics of him wheeling in his build thread I think. So I'm sure they can take a beating.
Originally Posted by Click-Click-Pull
I started with a 3.5in lift and after about a year the front springs relaxed to the point the XJ looked like a raked muscle car.. looked kinda cool but I went for the ACOS and found level again. Got about 1 1/4 lift total at the bottom so it sits perfect now.. That was about 4yrs ago and holding up very well and couldn't be happier. Well worth the money and would buy them again in a second.
Glad to hear it I don't think I've anything bad JKS makes just wanted to double check is that bump stop part of it pointless if you have lifted springs?

Like there made for factory springs to adequately bumpstop? That make sense?

Quick Reply: ACOS