Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

29 Spline C8.25 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee(SJ)
Default 29 Spline C8.25 Swap

I found a 29 spline 8.25 for $50 bucks the other week. My plan for it is to put an Aussie locker in it and toss it under the jeep sometime this summer.

A few things:
- Someone cut the parking brake cables to each drum - will the dana 35 cables work?
- The drum innards look pretty ****ty. I'm going to explore going for a disc brake swap, but I'm struggling to fight a parts list that isn't just "grab everything off a liberty." Does anyone have a good "how-to" saved? I may just replace the drums. I'm running 31's and it stops well enough. Those damn things always confuse the hell out of me, though.
- What else should I think about replacing? I have no idea how many miles it has on it.

Still debating about an Aussie in the front. I'd love an air or e-locker but i just can't justify that cost for my beloved hooptie. That's also why I'm sticking with 31's and not spending the coin to regear. I'll probably save that money and put it into the wrangler unlimited I plan on eventually upgrading into.

Thanks!