Classifieds Post up here is you want to sell something or simply looking to buy something. This is specific to this region.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Danna 30 Diff guard/skid plate design

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 89
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Danna 30 Diff guard/skid plate design

So I have done this design for a Danna 30 front axle Diff guard/skid plate and I'm out to see the interest in it before I start making a batch of them to sell.

These are made up of 1/4" steel, not only is it a good solid diff guard but it also a skid plat for that part of the axle to help from getting hung up. Think I'm looking at selling them for $75 other diff guards that are just the diff guards with out the skid plate part are going for $80+.

Yes I will be looking at being able to ship this but not sure how much shipping will be but will know that soon here after knowing what kind of interest there is for them.

This one is what they would look like if you were laying on the ground under the axle looking up at it.

The next two pics were took while the axle was upside down so you would have to picture them being the other way around to where the skid guard would be on the bottom side of the axle not on top of it. I haven't got my axle back in the jeep at this time so this was the only way I was able to get pics of the guard skid on the axle right now.

I will be working on getting the same style of guard skids going for rear axles as well in the near future.

Thank you for taking a look and look forward to hearing back from people.

CJ
BDC
Old 05-18-2011, 11:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Year: 1989

some body buy these! he needs to pay for his new welder...
Old 05-18-2011, 11:27 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by odgreen89on35s
some body buy these! he needs to pay for his new welder...
No the welder is paid for now I just need to be able to justify buying it to the wife lol
Old 05-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0 liter high output

could you make one for a 8.8
Old 05-19-2011, 10:44 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by Bilo-cherokee92
could you make one for a 8.8
Funny you ask that I should be doing one for that axle very soon here. I started with the D30 because it is one of the most common axle for most to have. Now I am going to be working on getting the rear ones going, seeing how every axle is different it is making it a little hard to get dimensions I need for them all because I don't have the room or the money to have one of each axle here to use for mocking them up on lol. A buddy of mine has a 8.8 and is wanting one for his so that I think should be the next one I'll have available in the next week here. If you want I can PM you when it is done.

CJ
BDC Fab
Old 05-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0 liter high output

sweet sounds good
Old 05-20-2011, 01:42 AM

Engine: 4.0 str. 6

Hey me and my buddy are thinking about getting one each. Can you make one for a HP 30?
Old 05-20-2011, 10:48 AM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wanagojeep
Hey me and my buddy are thinking about getting one each. Can you make one for a HP 30?
That is for the hp d30
Old 05-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by wanagojeep
Yes this design is for the HP D30 they should be ready for production next week and then I will be letting everyone so thay can order them. In the sale section for everywhere not just the northwest there is another thread for them there.

So far in that thread I'm letting everyone know that I am checking in to how much it would be to older them powder coated, how much shipping is goiong to be and I will be posting new pics soon of the final design with mounting for going around the pinion.

If they are not ordered with powder coating they will be rattle caned flat black with my logo on them and if they are ordered with powder coating they will be the same but with powder coated flat blck, also if ordered powder coated know that that will add about a week to the order time.

CJ
BDC
Old 05-21-2011, 12:47 AM
Seasoned Member

Ok another update for everyone here, I was able to get a good line and deal on the powder coating and yes they all are going to be powder coated. Once I get the final design done and painted to what it is going to look like when you get it I will post a pick here as well as start a new thread for the selling of them and I also will send out PM's to everyone that has shown interest in them.

As for shipping I am going to be using USPS because they are lower priced then UPS and in my experience faster. As I am sure everyone knows shipping costs all depends on where you live but instead of trying to have different shipping costs all the time I am thinking and working on trying to set a flat rate for shipping and handling, I was thinking $15 but still working on that part to be sure it is fare. Let me know what you all think about that?

The guards are going to be $75 and this does include the powder coating (No they are not lower cost if you want them with out paint). So let me know what you all think and we should be looking at these being in the production stage and taking orders for them by middle or end of next week.

CJ
BDC Fab