International This area is for all our fellow wheelers outside of the US. So now Canada and other countries have their own area.

hello from the uk with some problems i need help with

Old 04-02-2012, 05:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default hello from the uk with some problems i need help with

hi everyone

i dont know if this is the right forum for my jeep. i have a 2006 Jeep Cherokee SW Limited CRDi (RHD). i`m in herts. i have a couple of problems with it that i cannot find any help online for it. since its out of warranty i try and sort things out myself before i resort to a garage or dealer. the 2 problems i have with it are the electric heated mirrors dont want to work. i checked all the fuses and also connectors. there is some noise from the motor but no movment at all. anyone had the same problem?? Also the engine warning light is on. been told its the EGR Valve that needs cleaning or replacing.. Any one ever see a write up how to clean it? i would like to clean it first before i go down the route of replacing it. Also i had this done by the garage at the MOT station but for love or no money the Engine warning light will not turn off even when its reset... i know there is still a fault with it but it doesnt want to reset... .. any help would be much appreciated thanks
Old 04-10-2012, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6 - 4.0L MFI GAS OHV

Originally Posted by sickjeepcherokee
hi everyone

i dont know if this is the right forum for my jeep. i have a 2006 Jeep Cherokee SW Limited CRDi (RHD). i`m in herts. i have a couple of problems with it that i cannot find any help online for it. since its out of warranty i try and sort things out myself before i resort to a garage or dealer. the 2 problems i have with it are the electric heated mirrors dont want to work. i checked all the fuses and also connectors. there is some noise from the motor but no movment at all. anyone had the same problem?? Also the engine warning light is on. been told its the EGR Valve that needs cleaning or replacing.. Any one ever see a write up how to clean it? i would like to clean it first before i go down the route of replacing it. Also i had this done by the garage at the MOT station but for love or no money the Engine warning light will not turn off even when its reset... i know there is still a fault with it but it doesnt want to reset... .. any help would be much appreciated thanks
Did the person who told you it was EGR valve use a code scanner? I wouldn't do anything before I scanned it and knew where to start. Greetings from the states BTW, good to see not all you limeys drive minis