International This area is for all our fellow wheelers outside of the US. So now Canada and other countries have their own area.

Certificate of Conformity

Old 03-07-2012, 09:03 AM

Model: Cherokee
Default Certificate of Conformity

Hi, I have a UK 4.0XJ over in France and am thinking of registering it there - before I go too far I want to get it road tested locally (controle technique) to see if any major work needs doing.

Under new rules in France, I need a Certificate of Conformity to give to the tester - Chrylser wants 120 for a piece of paper that just lists out weights, emissions, engine output etc.

With the exception of the chassis/engine number, the CoC is the same for all 4.0ltd I6 in 1995 - does anyone have one or know what information is on it that I can show to my testing station? They use it to look up the equivalent model so they know the tyre size, emissions etc..

or has anyone got one from a cheaper route?
Old 01-30-2018, 11:27 AM

Model: Cherokee(SJ)

hi i wondered how you got on with a C of C for registering your jeep in france?
i have a 99 XJ and was planning on doing the same in august
cheers
Old 02-13-2018, 12:45 PM
Banned

Model: Cherokee

interesting