Meets and Rides if you want to setup a ride or meet just post here.

The Cliffs 2nd Annual Jeep Thing (Updated Info)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default The Cliffs 2nd Annual Jeep Thing (Updated Info)

Hello all, it is that time of year again! We have started making arrangements for our 2nd Annual Jeep Thing! Last year we had a great turn out for our first year with over 70 preregistered people and around 15 or so that showed up. This year we hope for double that, but our park can handle it! We have more guides and more fun things to do this year! So here is the main information!

The Date for the event is, July 12th-14th. Saturday July 13th is the main day of the event this is when all the fun stuff happens.

We have set the Prices to 2 packages, we have a " Full Weekend Package" which entails, Wheeling Fri-Sun, 2 night runs, Guided trail Runs, Camping for 2 nights, Mud Bogs, Raffles, and Dinner on Saturday and Breakfast on Sunday morning. We have set the price to $125.00 for drivers $75.00 for passengers $50.00 for the first child and $30.00 for each additional child.

We also have the "Saturday Only Package" which entails, wheeling all day Saturday, Guided Runs, Mud Bogs, Night Run, And dinner. We have set the price for this package to $75.00 for driver $50.00 for passenger, and $30.00 for each kid.

Our Agenda:

Friday, Check in starts at 9:00 am, you may check in all through out the day, you can then set up your camp or go out to wheel. Our guides show up throughout the day and are more than happy to take you around and have you join up with them. At around 5:30 for who ever is interested we are going to go hit Marseilles and go eat dinner at a couple of the local restaurants. We will then come back and can either sit around the fire or go wheel. At 9:00 pm we will then take off for our first Night Run at the Park which will last for about an hour or so. (All vehicles must be shut off by 10:15 p.m on Friday Night) Then, we simply go to sleep and get ready for the next day!

Saturday, Check in starts at 8:30 am and will last until 9:45 am. This is the chaotic part =) All the vehicles will be placed into groups, Easy, intermediate, and hard for our guided trail runs! The first groups will leave the parking lot at 10:00 am and the other groups will follow at around 10:15, 10:30, ect. At around Noon, everyone is welcome to come grab some lunch at The Cliffs Concession stand or bring your own food and eat out on the trails. (Just a side note you do not have to do the guided trail runs if you have your own group. However, they are really fun and you get to be with guys that know the park) At around 3:45 pm we will meet back at the parking lot for this years Group Photo "everyone will be mailed a copy when we get them developed" After our group picture, it is dinner time at 4:30 followed by the 5:15 starting of the raffle which last year was great this year chances are we will have even more great prizes such as winches, tow equipment, ect. After that we are going to have our Mud Bog to go get muddy! at around 6:00-6:30 depending on when the raffle ends. Followed by more wheeling. To finish off the night we will have a small jeep competition with prizes for, the nicest jeep, the cleanest jeep, and the most dirty. At 9:00 pm we will then head out of our 2nd Night wheeling experience with the guides! LONG DAY!!!

Sunday, is a relaxing day. Wheel if you want or just hang out. Wheeling is open until 5:00 pm.

So, we had a great time last year, we are aiming for the best Jeep event in Illinois. I know everyone that came out last year had a blast and we hope to see them again this year. I got to meet a lot of great people and that is what this event is all about, meeting new wheeling buddies/Friends and having a fun relaxing weekend. There is no other place that you can get 3 days of fun for the price! This is like a mini vacation and you will not regret signing up. I hope you can make it and become part of The Jeep Thing Family!

Here is how you sign up, http://www.thecliffsinsaneterrain.com/ or, http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e73tld632ce3c8ca&llr=c4lm7cjab

If you have any questions feel free to contact me, Corban Flynn 1-815-530-9271 or email me at thecliffsjeepthing@ymail.com

Again, I hope to see you here for The Cliffs 2nd Annual Jeep Thing!
Old 03-24-2013, 02:53 PM
Banned

Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0 HO

anyone going to this?
Old 05-21-2013, 07:15 PM

Toughbuilder Last year there were many Cherokee's At the Event. Im not sure how many people look into this section of the forum but I asure you there will be many Cherokees there