Sponsored by: DashLynx

Why not to buy L&L fabrication

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Default Why not to buy L&L fabrication

Hey everyone, yes ive resorted to bashing a company openly on a forum but heres my story,,,, my bumper order was placed on dec.18 with chris from l&l fabrication, about a month goes bye then I start emailing chris asking when I could expect this bumper as I wasnt given any turn around time upon order, I hear from chris very little but when he does email me back its pretty much saying "its shipping this week, youll have it shortly sorry for the wait im a bit understaffed" I can understand that but to be honest. Its not my problem. If you start a company you should be prepared to keep up with the demand or get some people that will do it for you, anyway FOUR months later I receive my bumper. Nice looking product, solid welds, good fabbing. I start the painting process, nothing fancy just some black satin rattle can. A few days of painting and im ready to stick the new bumper on, well this is what I find

Why not to buy L&L fabrication-forumrunner_20140420_112742.jpg

Why not to buy L&L fabrication-forumrunner_20140420_112759.jpg

Why not to buy L&L fabrication-forumrunner_20140420_112815.jpg

Why not to buy L&L fabrication-forumrunner_20140420_112835.jpg

So not only does the bumper not fit properly,,,,,, but my winch wont fir on the front, so I email chris on the spot with the same picture you all just looked at and he informs me that "the bumper isnt fitting right and we should make this right asap", ok sounds good to me but I asked him about my winch and he replies "I can either buy another winch plate or cut my grill to recess the winch", guess what dude. Nowhere on your website does it say anything about hacking up my jeep or buying another winch plate to make it stick 1.5" off the front of the bumper. So I tell chris id like a refund of my money ill ship him the bumper back, honestly I wanted a refund because at this point im done dealing with this situation and I just want to wash my hands of l&l fab, well he pretty much refuses my refund and stops emailing me back all together, its been over a week and stil no word from chris, this man does not own a real business as far as my experience goes with this company,,,,,, there crooks

Cheers!
Old 04-20-2014, 10:49 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0 I6

Pretty disappointing to hear about the bad fit, especially since I'm waiting on my bumper from him too..

As far as the winch fitting goes, I've read multiple posts saying you might have to modify/cut the grill for a full sized winch to fit so I guess you could have done a little more research but still, sucky situation.

Hopefully he sees this post and can make things right. I would link this to his vendor page so hopefully he can respond. He might not be looking at his emails for some reason. Hope all works out for ya
Old 04-20-2014, 11:32 AM
CF Veteran

I wish I had gotten mine that quick. Its a tough bumper, but if I had to do it again I would go with JCR or Smittybilt, or just build my own. Mine also wasn't perfect, but close enough that I didn't want to wait 8 more months for it to be fixed.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:51 AM

Well I have a jcr on order now because here in md if I keep riding around bumperless im going to get screwed bye the aacp, and I hope things will be made right as well all im asking for is my money back and I didnt exactly want to go this route but what are you going to do
Old 04-20-2014, 11:54 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by jhouse93

Hey, you need to redo your spacer, take it off and place it ABOVE the coil isolator, I did mine like yours and the coil breaks apart the spacer in a couple years.

Correct way.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:32 PM

Year: 1996

had a similar experience with chris. sorry about how bad urs turned out if it makes ya feel any better my holes didn't even line up correctly and had to re drill a couple of them. the old wise man was right you get what you pay for and i strongly advise anyone even thinking about his bumpers to go else where and spend the extra money.

advise: sell it on craiglist or to someone that is willing to buy it and doesn't wanna wait and buy a real bumper from a real company not a one man show hiding behind his llc tag. dudes got a lawsuit waiting to happen i warned him...

on the positive side it is a VERY strong bumper hit a small tree and literally bounced off it.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:41 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1991

Modding the grill is common knowledge I feel. Did you not check the specs on the product? Bumper depth?Usually a good idea. I had to drill out a hole or two on mine too, but for $200, I wasn't whining. It's a solid product from a good dude that is trying to get bumpers on our rigs for a good price and not kill the average man with a $1000 bill. I couldn't fab my own bumper, or I would have. Sounds like u should have...

As for me, I love my L&L bumper. As do plenty of other Mo's on here.

Why not to buy L&L fabrication-image-343500731.jpg
Old 04-20-2014, 03:56 PM
CF Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

And this is why I built my own. Yeah it takes time, but it's worth not having to worry about someone else messing up. I understand your frustrations but I also have to say that for any product you buy you need to do as much research as possible to find out exact specs. With that said, any bumper being built as a winch bumper should be able to accommodate a full size winch without having to hack into the grill IMO. If not, it should be clearly stated in his main thread so "research" isn't needed for something that in reality is a big deal.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:09 PM
CF Veteran

There are exceptions to the rule, but "you get what you pay for."

Sorry for your troubles. Live and learn.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:36 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Did you order his standard bumper or the ext sides?
Old 04-21-2014, 01:56 AM
Seasoned Member

Damn sucks man. I was going to buy a L&L fab winch bumper too then I emailed him and he said 3++++ months so I said no lol. similar thing happened to me with abother company though yet I never received the bumper at all. First they lost my order because I ordered it through Ebay. Then fed ex lost it they didn't want to give me a refund but thankfully I purchased it through Ebay and they have the buyer protection thingy which is awesome I got a full refund even though they didn't want to give it to me. Then I looked up Dirtbound offroad and loved their bumper 0 issues with them and it was done in about 2 weeks.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:13 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0 w/ tupy head

that's a shame they make good looking bumpers. I guess that's why there so cheap compared to similar styles.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:25 PM

Thanks for the tip 95 cherokee I have a list of mods waiting for this summer when I get some free weekends to get to work on it, and yes nordplz that was my thought exactly and to be honest, if the bumper fit correctly I would have probably gone to the JY and found a color matched grill to hack up IMO its bad advertising. And I ordered no extended sides but the no extended sides should come back to the grill line, yeah as said before you live you learn, if anyones interested in the bumper for a trail rig or something let me know ill cut you a sweet deal, I believe I said before all the bolt holes line up there just not close enough to the front of the bumper to make it fit correctly, obviously im not hearing from this ****** anymore.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:21 PM

this guy is terrible! waited 5 months! he made a fedex label and never sent my bumper!!!! DONT BUY FROM HIM!!!
Old 06-24-2014, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Gianotti
this guy is terrible! waited 5 months! he made a fedex label and never sent my bumper!!!! DONT BUY FROM HIM!!!

Holy ****. glad i'm not the only one. I haven't got mine yet. I ordered February 5th. All inquireies on time to ship have been "soon"; no solid dates. After seeing this thread and fitment pictures, it pisses me off even more since other threads claim the bumper is "awesome", "well made", "worth the wait".

Dude constantly pushes his honesty, his truthfulness etc. This guy is a damn liar, and i wouldn't give him a drop of **** if he was on fire - i would recommend you do the same.

I had to threaten a lawyer to get a fedex number. that was 4 days ago. i was under the impression that once you provide a tracking number, you'd ship the stupid thing. Guess not.

I need a ****ing bumper, bad. Been bumper-less about a year now.. I'm in Maryland... the police are a bit ticket happy, and my steering box moves around like a wet noodle.

Quick Reply: Why not to buy L&L fabrication