Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 05:37 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default What shocks in this situation

Alright so my uncle has an xj. He loves it. But never knows what parts to get and needs good instructions lol. He lives a few states away, but I do his ordering for him and help him install stuff over the phone and such. He has even bought some parts on the for sale section. Well I did and he relayed me hahah.

so here's the situation. His suspension was saggy. He wanted a minor lift while he was replacing the parts. Anyway he ended up with about 1.5 inches. Maybe a bit more but not much. He has bar pin eliminators. He wants Bilstein shocks, BUT I say he needs the 4600 series but he doesn't like the color lol. Could he can get away with the 5100 series or is it a no go? Maybe if he got rid of the BPE? He makes things difficult haha but oh well.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0

Assuming your problem is the bar pins on the 5100's not working with his BPE's, Bilstein 5125 are the same as 5100 but they are universal/custom application, so they don't have bar pins as far as I know. As long as you know the length and valving you could just order some of them. Or paint the 4600's what ever color he wants.