Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What to do first

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default What to do first

I picked up a 94 bone stock cherokee and am going to use it for hunting and fishing. Being that i'm addicted to modding vehicles, what do you recommend first, 3" lift, safari rack, or front bumper? It has decent tires so that will be last on the list, and a rear reciever hitch is on the way. Thanks
Old 05-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1987
Engine: 4.0 ho

Out of thoae 3 I would recommend a lift stock bumpers are fine if you already have or get front recovery
Old 05-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Seasoned Member

Location: thompson,okanogan,shushwap area in central British columbian
Year: 91 laredo
Engine: HO 4l

Originally Posted by skippy88
I picked up a 94 bone stock cherokee and am going to use it for hunting and fishing. Being that i'm addicted to modding vehicles, what do you recommend first, 3" lift, safari rack, or front bumper? It has decent tires so that will be last on the list, and a rear reciever hitch is on the way. Thanks
depends on what you need,, if you scrape the tcase skid on something or another often then you need a lift, if you don't have enough room in the back for hunting/fishing gear and friends then a rack, if you need front recovery points or a place to put your winch then you could use a bumper....

iv wanted to lock both ends before anything else on mine,, but too often recently iv been sliding and smacking my underside against things so im trying to get my lift on now... it all depends on what you use it for, or you could just do it all.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:17 AM

Year: 1993
Engine: Rebuilt 4.0L HO I6

LIFT IT! Haha. That's usually the first on my list, so in my opinion, go with that. Better clearance, better off road and stock height just looks so small.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:10 AM

well i'm hoping to have all of them done before the fall, so which would look worse, a 3" lift with 215 tires, or a bumper with 215 tires and no lift? I'm kinda leaning towards a bumper at this point since i don't have any recovery points on the front, but if its gonna look super retarded i'll lift it first.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:17 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2001

If you'll have it all done by fall, I'd go with the bumpers first, IMO, recovery is the most important. It doesn't matter how high you are, how narly your tires are, if your locked, you will get stuck & when you do you need recovery points. What I did is buy all my stuff over a couple months & installed everything at once. It went from Stocker to wheeler overnight...

Good luck, and as always post pictures...
Old 05-11-2013, 12:50 PM

Year: 1993
Engine: Rebuilt 4.0L HO I6

If you're going to use it for hunting and fishing, like you said, and won't be wheeling it all the time, you can survive for a while without recovery points. You just have to be a little more careful where you decide to drive.

Just my .02