Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What all can go?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default What all can go?

i just got a 94 sport as a toy vehicle for hunting and camping and other off road adventures. the ac lines were removed by the previous owner, which is fine i had no desire to have ac in it. so i ordered a serpentine belt for no ac so i can remove the compressor. since it is kinda pointless to be there robbing the wheels of that.23432878923 hp they could receive. lol and it got me looking and thinking what all else is under the hood that isn't necessary to have to make it go? luckily i don't have to do emissions here where i live so... i would just like to take it to bare minimum the only extra feature i wanna keep is the windshield fluid box.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:40 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L with throttle body spacer and cold air intake, bored throttle body, #784 injector upgrade

you can strip it down however far you want to go... word to the wise talking about removing your emissions is frowned upon on this forum. What do you plan on doing with it?
Old 01-22-2012, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by 00jeepXJ
you can strip it down however far you want to go... word to the wise talking about removing your emissions is frowned upon on this forum. What do you plan on doing with it?
i am just using it to go to and from the woods hunting/camping and some wheeling. unless the zombies come then it will become my daily lol. i am just saying stuff like cruise control etc. and if someone suggested something that might affect emissions that isn't an issue where i live. i am not going to remove my catalytic converter just because i can get away with it that isn't what i mean.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0

He probably means things like the AIR system that came on certain vehicles and the EGR valve. The jeep 4.0s never had an AIR system on it so you dont have to worry about it. The EGR could probably be deleted with a couple block off plates but may throw a code not sure as Ive never had an HO engine. Personally since you removed the AC anyways, Id relocate the alt up to where the AC compressor was. Im not a huge fan of where the Alt is currently at on these vehicles. The cruise could be easily taken out also. Otherwise there isnt much else I can think of that you can remove it unless you want manual steering heh.