Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

ughhhhh

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default ughhhhh

started the 4.5 re lift on the jeep yesterday and man what a nightmare had to cut the rear leaf spring bolts out, broke the front 2 off in the frame and then while attempting to drill out both of the tacked nuts broke so i had to notch the bottom of the bracket to get them out and so i can replace them and weld new nuts in there, broke the rear brake line trying to move it and install the extended bracket, broke all the upper shock bolts and had to remove the back half of the interior to cut the floor to replace and weld new nuts in,broke both transfer case bolts and neither of the studs will come out, still undecided what to do with this ect,ect,ect and im not even to the front yet lol.....hopefully tomorrow i can find the leaf bolts and get the back put back together including the brake line and get the interior back together, figure out the transfer case dilemma this week and i guess ill hold off on the front untill next weekend, good thing this isnt a dd lol..... got to love those mi jeeps, its a 01 and surprisingly clean too, way cleaner than my 96 and my 96 didnt give near as many headaches . you would think in the 18 years they produced them they would improve them with time but nope all rust and almost all have the same issues.....end rant! thanks for listening lol
Old 07-08-2012, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: looking
Model: Cherokee

i hate when things like this happen. but guess thats the fun of working on things yourself... or either the pain in the butt hope it all works out for ya