Sponsored by: DashLynx

Toyo Open Country M/T

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L HO
Default Toyo Open Country M/T

There was a post on here asking about the toyo a/ts, got me looking at tires...I fell in love with the M/Ts I want 33/12.5/15 , I have a set of 15/8 wheels at the house....will I have any problems with mounting and running this wide a tire, also...is there enough clearance with no lift on my xj.....I plan on a lift in the very near future....thanks again...
Old 01-26-2011, 11:09 AM

Year: 1977
Engine: Chevy 350

Running those on my 02 TJ Apex Edition... they are freak'n W I D E tires. They do excellent in the mud, and the tread clears out the mud very well... woe be to whomever is behind you, or in front if they are sticking out of your wheel wells. Mounting the 12.5 wides on an 8" wheel will make them pucker up a little taller than if they were on a 10" wide wheel, but on the good side of things they will hold a bead a little better.

With no lift on your XJ you are going to have problems, the TJ is sitting on 4"s of lift with lots of room underneath... the tires rub a bit at full stuff, nothing some slightly longer bumpstops wouldn't fix. On a stock height XJ I doubt you will be able to get them into the wheel well.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:16 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000,1990,1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Karvin
Running those on my 02 TJ Apex Edition... they are freak'n W I D E tires. They do excellent in the mud, and the tread clears out the mud very well... woe be to whomever is behind you, or in front if they are sticking out of your wheel wells. Mounting the 12.5 wides on an 8" wheel will make them pucker up a little taller than if they were on a 10" wide wheel, but on the good side of things they will hold a bead a little better.

With no lift on your XJ you are going to have problems, the TJ is sitting on 4"s of lift with lots of room underneath... the tires rub a bit at full stuff, nothing some slightly longer bumpstops wouldn't fix. On a stock height XJ I doubt you will be able to get them into the wheel well.
You can fit them with the right mods. Bumpstops, trimmed fenders etc.