Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Title jeep.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Title jeep.

I just got a 98 sport and before I put a transfer case I want to do some cosmetics. that cherokee on the title with the black sides.... I want to do that to mine. It looks bad ***. I just don't know how to approach it. Also I'm putting a 3 inch lift on it and when I'm at basic, my dad is going to help out by putting new headers on it. (Any good ones?) and whatever else is a great upgrade.. Not too expensive though.. And what's the best way to fix the headliner? Sorry guys I'm new to my xj I just want it to be cool hahahah thanks for the help
Old 01-14-2014, 08:41 PM
CF Veteran

Received 250 Likes on 168 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

What xj with the black sides? Lowrange2's?
Old 01-14-2014, 08:46 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 99 94
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: I6

I noticed you said your dad is going to put "headers" on it...good luck with putting more than one on. The 4.0 only has one. I recommend the dorman or the apn header. You will also want to put new motor mounts on if it needs them.

There are more threads about the headliner board, do a search.

I recommend redoing the headliner with grey foam backed fabric from Joann's fabric. Be sure to use a coupon otherwise it is expensive. You need 3 yards and that leaves about a foot on each end extra. I do not recommend getting the black fabric, every dirt spec and hair shows and it looked dirty. Grey is much better. For glue, I used 2 cans of 3m 88 from Walmart. I redid my headliner for the second time about two years ago and it has not fallen anywhere and that is with Atlanta heat. The first time I redid my headliner I used 3m 90 and it was more expensive and bled through. The 3m 88 will stink for two weeks so get ready for that. FOLLOW the instructions for letting the glue get tacky or you will regret it. The fabric will fall in spots if you do this wrong. I divided the board into three sections when I was glueing and smoothing the fabric down. When you smooth down the fabric DO NOT press down hard. All it takes it a light smooth slide across the fabric and up the side. Don't press hard or you will see indentations where you did, especially on the sides. Have fun getting the headliner board out out. I recommend having another person to help you with the removal and putting it back in place. Good luck.