Thanks For This Forum, It's A Big Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Thanks For This Forum, It's A Big Help

In the last 5 weeks we have acquired two XJ's. One a 95 4 door Sport with automatic, 4.0 I6, and the second a 96 2 doors SE, 5 speed, and 4.0 I6.

After purchasing them I sought out resources on the net and this is one of them 3 I landed on. I have been reading through many threads in the OEM sections gleaning information and parts failures and repairs, and of course the various " how-to " threads.

My goal was to create a 'shopping list' of parts that seem to fail more frequently then others and then to begin acquiring my own inventory to keep on hand.

We intend to acquire at least one, and possible two more XJ's in the next month or two so that everyone in the family will have an XJ to drive. In the past we had 4 different vehicles by three different manufacturers and that made wrenching a pain in the butt.

I'm liking the idea of say keeping one spare part that will work on all 4 vehicles.

I think my family has taken to liking the idea of Jeeps, when I got the first one they all 'shrugged' at the idea of a 15 year old vehicle. Now they line up to take one out. Seems their friends like the vehicles.

Anyways, I am glad for forums like this one for the amount of information it puts in my hands almost immediately.

I also found a new pleasure from owing an XJ. I never in my life thought I would enjoy walking through a Junk Yard but in my recent searches for interior parts to do some restoration I have found the walks to be fun. They'll probably be more fun when the snow melts and it warms up. Pulling the front end parts ( grill, panel, fender ) and the like in 20 degree weather ain't all that fun. But I got all the parts including grill, bumper, mounts and all the lights and trim pieces for $65. I basically carried it out as two assemblies.

Now I am off to create a new JY shopping list!!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

yes, this forum is a great resource!!