Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L inline 6
Default Stupid thing you did in your XJ

I'll start..

Today I went to the Micro Center in Yonkers, It took about 40 minutes to get there from my house, once there I go into a covered garage, wasnt even paying attention, when Bang. My tire thats on the roof rack hits a concrete beam. The weird thing was that somehow I made it thru, bent my roof rack no damage to the tire. Had to take the tire down, but Dayum it shook me up it was so loud...
Old 03-16-2012, 11:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

about three days after getting my lift, i didnt even have bigger tires yet i was still sittin on 31" all terrains and i thot i could go through a ditch.... i was wrong.
Attached Thumbnails Stupid thing you did in your XJ-2011-10-13-18.53.16.jpg  
Old 03-17-2012, 03:15 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1999
Engine: 6.0

floored it through a mud hole, then didn't realize it had a ramp at the other end....hit it doin 40 and went airborn haha...then I took it out one day and went sideways down a steep hill, started to go over and I opened the door and leaned out. Luckily it was enough to counter the weight and brought me back on all 4
Old 03-17-2012, 04:18 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 H.O.

Went to a bar and got the Jeep valeted(not many options for parking here in LA.) Had some great fun with my friends and now it was time to leave the pub. Go out to the valet, he goes and gets my Jeep and pulls it around right in front. The same time a group of girls dressed to their "9's" rolls up inches behind me in a Mercedes and starts honking and yelling at me to get out of the way. Granted I hadn't even got into my Jeep yet and was tipping the valet at the time. My instant reaction was a stank face directed directly towards them and an immediate boarding of my vehicle. "How rude" I thought to myself as I devilishly turned on my PA and prepared my rear wiper. In case you didn't know, detatch your rear wiper hose and it becomes a anti tail-gating device of 15ft+ depending on your lift. Through my police grade pa I announced that they were a buncha scantily clad she-trolls(to put it nicely on this nice family forum) and then proceeded to spray them with the ATD(anti tail-gating device.) Then a final brake torque, let go of the brake, shoot loose gravel all over their Mercedes andddd layyyder.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:41 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by BrofessorXJ
Went to a bar and got the Jeep valeted(not many options for parking here in LA.) Had some great fun with my friends and now it was time to leave the pub. Go out to the valet, he goes and gets my Jeep and pulls it around right in front. The same time a group of girls dressed to their "9's" rolls up inches behind me in a Mercedes and starts honking and yelling at me to get out of the way. Granted I hadn't even got into my Jeep yet and was tipping the valet at the time. My instant reaction was a stank face directed directly towards them and an immediate boarding of my vehicle. "How rude" I thought to myself as I devilishly turned on my PA and prepared my rear wiper. In case you didn't know, detatch your rear wiper hose and it becomes a anti tail-gating device of 15ft+ depending on your lift. Through my police grade pa I announced that they were a buncha scantily clad she-trolls(to put it nicely on this nice family forum) and then proceeded to spray them with the ATD(anti tail-gating device.) Then a final brake torque, let go of the brake, shoot loose gravel all over their Mercedes andddd layyyder.
That's not stupid. That's AWESOME!

Stupidest thing I've done:

It was raining, and I was in the left turn lane waiting for the green light. Light turns green, and I hit the gas. I had the radio on kinda loud so I didn't know my tires were spinning on the pavement. I went to turn left, but the Jeep went straight... into the curb. I was a couple of inches from hitting a light pole. I busted out my right front tire's sidewall. I pulled into the Walmart parking lot to put on my spare. I couldn't get my jack to work, and being 11pm, there was nobody to help. So I drove home on my flat tire. This is what it looked like when I got home about 3 miles away:

Name:  100_1178.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  35.8 KB

Last edited by GreenClassic; 03-17-2012 at 04:45 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:33 AM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by GreenClassic
That's not stupid. That's AWESOME!

Stupidest thing I've done:

It was raining, and I was in the left turn lane waiting for the green light. Light turns green, and I hit the gas. I had the radio on kinda loud so I didn't know my tires were spinning on the pavement. I went to turn left, but the Jeep went straight... into the curb. I was a couple of inches from hitting a light pole. I busted out my right front tire's sidewall. I pulled into the Walmart parking lot to put on my spare. I couldn't get my jack to work, and being 11pm, there was nobody to help. So I drove home on my flat tire. This is what it looked like when I got home about 3 miles away:

Holy crap man lay off the skinny pedal when turning you're not being a good example of Cali drivers in the rain we're notorious for "not being able to handle the elements" haha. I have a perfectly working stock jack that I can't use anymore I will give to you, I'm up in the San Fernando Valley. I frequent Huntington Beach/Newport/Laguna for snorkling and kayaking every 2 or so weeks.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:38 AM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by Cherrybomb
about three days after getting my lift, i didnt even have bigger tires yet i was still sittin on 31" all terrains and i thot i could go through a ditch.... i was wrong.
You're still dry you coulda beasted it outa there.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:20 AM
CF Veteran

Holy crap man lay off the skinny pedal when turning you're not being a good example of Cali drivers in the rain we're notorious for "not being able to handle the elements" haha. I have a perfectly working stock jack that I can't use anymore I will give to you, I'm up in the San Fernando Valley. I frequent Huntington Beach/Newport/Laguna for snorkling and kayaking every 2 or so weeks.
Haha, I know. I really wasn't driving fast, I just hit the accelerator too hard and didn't know it. When it wouldn't turn, I freaked out and slammed the brakes, which is a NO NO! Slid right into that curb. I'm really careful in the rain now.

And thanks for the offer, but I have a working jack now.

Last edited by GreenClassic; 03-17-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:38 AM
CF Veteran

One of my old co-workers in South Carolina has a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. She had a curb incident of her own. Here's what she did last Wednesday (she put it on Facebook):

Originally Posted by Facebook
in my curb accident yesterday i took out a fence post 3 decorative rocks a garden gnome split 2 bushes and tore up abt a yard and a half of grass..whoops lol
I responded: "Only in a Jeep! "
Old 03-17-2012, 09:10 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

people think everything i do in my jeep is stupid. i just think its fun.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Seasoned Member

Engine: 4.0L High Output

OMG! I thought mine was the only that did that. I was sitting at a Burger King one time, and some two morons pulled up behind me in a riced out Honda Accord, all I did was turn the Jeep to the "ON" position....let me say that they're Honda and themselves got a nice wash in some Windshield Washer fluid. They didn't bother me after that.
Attached Images  
Old 03-17-2012, 02:07 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by TABonifacio
OMG! I thought mine was the only that did that. I was sitting at a Burger King one time, and some two morons pulled up behind me in a riced out Honda Accord, all I did was turn the Jeep to the "ON" position....let me say that they're Honda and themselves got a nice wash in some Windshield Washer fluid. They didn't bother me after that.
Lol yep straight out of Mario Cart.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Engine: 2.5 4 cyl.

I used to able to do that with my front washers... Would shoot a stream like a water gun over the jeep, and what was awesome was they never knew who it was! lmao
Old 03-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 89
Engine: 4.0

That is great. Now i'm going to see if mine is hooked up, if not, it moves up my Jeep to do list.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Seasoned Member

Tryed bogging a huge puddle at night... on a date... and didn't check the ruts on 28" tires and boom. Stuck on the pumpkins with 6in. Still under the tires. I was embarrassed as hell.

Quick Reply: Stupid thing you did in your XJ