Stock bumper 6" light install

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Stock bumper 6" light install

I have searched and cannot seem to find much on this - is there a guide on the best way to mount two KC daylighters on the front?

If I drill two holes (I will take the bumper off) is there a mount (like mounting a bush / nudge bar) to support the lights so theres no shaking going on?
Old 03-20-2013, 10:49 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Engine: l6 HO

Your better off going with the kc slim lites if your going to put them on the stock bumper.

I've installed daylighters on the bumper before but it's hard because there isn't much room for them. But you can just mount them with the hardware that comes with them.It can be done but you need to drill the holes pretty far out towards the front of the bumper. Another option would to be make a simple bracket that you can mount the lights to and then mount that to the bumper... You want to set the lights so that they are in the middle of one of the slats in the grille so you have room.. If you go with the slimlites you will have no problem. They are a bit more expensive than the daylighters iirc.

It is possible to do this with the bumper still on the jeep btw. Ive always done them with the bumper still attached.. makes it a little bit of a pain to tighten them down/run the wires but it can be done.

Last edited by NewJerseyXJ609; 03-20-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:05 PM

Year: 1998

I bought the same lights and they wouldn't fit on my stock bumper so I got my brother (who worked in a concrete factory and had excess to scrap metal and whatnot) to cut me two tabs and I had them welded on my bumper
Old 03-21-2013, 03:22 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Engine: l6 HO

Originally Posted by RNTurner
I bought the same lights and they wouldn't fit on my stock bumper so I got my brother (who worked in a concrete factory and had excess to scrap metal and whatnot) to cut me two tabs and I had them welded on my bumper
Yeah that's the better option if you reslly want to run daylighters on the bumper.