XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Selling question, need help with.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Selling question, need help with.

hello

i am thinking about selling my 00' cherokee, that i did an out of frame engine over haul on. 30 over, new crank, couple rods, mild performance cam, my own port and polish on the head, valve job, water pump, oil pump.. just about everything... under body sand blasted and truck bed lined, (few area's needing touch up). Repainted hood from pine sap damage, transmission out of one with 64K on the clock, gear oils, t-case oil. always mobil1 5-30 and mobil1 filter. new exhaust from T-case to rear axle with thrush turbo muffler as of 4-19-13, currently getting 18.4 to 18.5 mpg.

engine work and everything but exhaust was done ~11K miles ago. the Odometer reads 211 almost 212K. theirs a few nicknacks i havnt sorted out in the last year and a half owning, but i am the 2nd owner bought it front yard sale from the original elderly couple so it's stock and never been beaten, i haven't even took it off anywhere needing 4wd.. other then wet grass.

trying to figure out if it would be worth more then KBB.. @ 4,000 considering the engine is just about new, trans is newer, and other misc. items. reason being, theirs a CRD liberty on my eye but i need the extra $ to get it.

sorry for the long post, but thanks for any help or offers. i can do pictures if requested.

thanks
-Rob
Old 04-21-2013, 07:47 AM

Year: 1998
Engine: I6 4.0

I wouldn't get my hopes up. In buyer's eyes its still going to be a vehicle with high miles. If you did all the work you you aren't going to have the kind of paperwork a buyer will want to see. I'm not saying you aren't capable of good work, but a random person won't know if you are decent or a garage hack.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by ShadowWalker
I wouldn't get my hopes up. In buyer's eyes its still going to be a vehicle with high miles. If you did all the work you you aren't going to have the kind of paperwork a buyer will want to see. I'm not saying you aren't capable of good work, but a random person won't know if you are decent or a garage hack.
yeah, that's very true. unlike some "mechanics" i can honestly say my dad had me working on lawn mowers since i could walk..

other then that im a certified diesel tech, and work at a truck dealership as a tech. so i have rebuilt a few engines big, small, etc. lol