Rice burner mayhem in NYC

Old 10-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.6 stroker
Default Rice burner mayhem in NYC

What's your thoughts on the craziness that happened between the range rover and the
Tank humper gang that happened the other day?
Old 10-02-2013, 04:05 PM

Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0

Dont brake check a Range Rover while riding a street bike...
I honestly think there are so many unknowns on this topic. It is kind of hard to be ont this side or that side. From what you could see on the video it looked like the Street Bike guys were harassing the Range Rover guy. He just did what he thought he had to do. Right or wrong it was his decision.... Im sad for the families of those who were injured!
Old 10-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by JLW_2K13
Dont brake check a Range Rover while riding a street bike... I honestly think there are so many unknowns on this topic. It is kind of hard to be ont this side or that side. From what you could see on the video it looked like the Street Bike guys were harassing the Range Rover guy. He just did what he thought he had to do. Right or wrong it was his decision.... Im sad for the families of those who were injured!
A bunch of thugs looking for trouble
The civil suit should be interesting to say the least.
Lots of the bikes had no plates,stolen plates or switched plates.
The guy that got paralyzed had no license,was stopped. 19 times in the last few years and can't
Get a license in any state until 2017(moot point now).
Old 10-02-2013, 04:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0L

I've had some discussion with bikers here at work and it makes my head hurt from how narrow minded and selfish they are. I can't even debate it logically anymore. It just exhausts me.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:17 PM

Year: 1993

Originally Posted by muskrat
A bunch of thugs looking for trouble
The civil suit should be interesting to say the least.
Lots of the bikes had no plates,stolen plates or switched plates.
The guy that got paralyzed had no license,was stopped. 19 times in the last few years and can't
Get a license in any state until 2017(moot point now).
WOW!! I did not know all of that.. 19 times?? Damn..
I wonder if anyone will try to bring the Range Rover guy up on any charges?
Old 10-02-2013, 06:29 PM
ck1
Seasoned Member

Year: 1991

if it were me in that Land Rover (never happen cuz they are JUNK) and my family was in there i assure u that ALOT more of them would have been injured or dead...i would have pulled forward and back MANY times until I have a clear safe passage to go on my way.....oh and maybe a swerve or two for the ****** along side of me...note to IDOT riders out there...dont brake check a 5000lb vehicle and you will still be able to walk the next day.....that said I am sure there is more to the story but still dont brake check when riding a motorcycle...I ride by the way
Old 10-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999

The only thing I don't understand that the range rover driver did was to not throw it in reverse at the end and back up over them. Just an outsider point of view though, there must have been some reason he didn't.

Originally Posted by McCaffrey
I've had some discussion with bikers here at work and it makes my head hurt from how narrow minded and selfish they are. I can't even debate it logically anymore. It just exhausts me.
what kind of stuff do they try and argue?
Old 10-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Seasoned Member

What do you think would have happened if this wasn't NYC.
Say like Texas or any LTC state?
Holy ----- !
Different outcome for sure.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 1996

****ing idiotic ****s need to be put in jail for gang activity. I'm pissed off now that I watched that. What the ****.

All I see are a bunch of idiotic cocky bikers (what the **** else is new) who drive like they own the road just because bikes are more agile. If I was cutting in and out of traffic like that in my Jeep you bet your *** I'd be pulled over quick.

Driver was probably distracted as hell, being surrounded by bikes on all sides (even when there's only one bike near me it makes me nervous because riders are ****ing unpredictable and obviously never signal or anything) then the ****er had to brake check him.

Last edited by tssguy123; 10-02-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:08 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1989

Originally Posted by CherokeeSailor
what kind of stuff do they try and argue?
Even though they were ridding reckless and erratic and the dude hit a biker on accident he still deserved to be beat. They had mentality where a law might be valid until they broke it and then it would be dumb. Like laws only apply to other people and anything that might happen is always somebody else fault. It was a very primal way of thinking. Seemed almost how an animal would think. I actually considered that they were just screwing with me but I don't think they were.

These are people who I consider intelligent... right up until they start talking about riding motorcycles.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:13 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If that happened to me i would have thought im about to be car jacked,I would and drove off like that too.But i carry a gun it would have ended differently for them if they tried to smash out my window and beat me like they did him.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:11 AM
CF Veteran

Engine: 4.0 w/ tupy head

Originally Posted by andrewmp6
If that happened to me i would have thought im about to be car jacked,I would and drove off like that too.But i carry a gun it would have ended differently for them if they tried to smash out my window and beat me like they did him.
x2 that's why I carry a gun to protect my family.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:15 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 94

Originally Posted by ck1
if it were me in that Land Rover (never happen cuz they are JUNK) and my family was in there i assure u that ALOT more of them would have been injured or dead...i would have pulled forward and back MANY times until I have a clear safe passage to go on my way.....oh and maybe a swerve or two for the ****** along side of me...note to IDOT riders out there...dont brake check a 5000lb vehicle and you will still be able to walk the next day.....that said I am sure there is more to the story but still dont brake check when riding a motorcycle...I ride by the way

Had he acted as you describe he would have been brought up on charges. The fact that he didn't intentionally swerve to impact, or otherwise drive eratically to cause intentional harm is why he's a free man today. Being active in a 911 call proved his mindset at the time.

He only did what he had to in order to escape a mob who intended to cause harm.. he has a legal right to protect his family and himself.

Now, for the one guy in the hospital who reportedly got run over while attempting to help (as his wife said on film). WTF was he thinking? I suppose he has a bid red S on his shirt and thinking he can single handedly protect this guy and his family from an angry mob? Don't buy it.. espescially considering he stopped his bike in front of the vehicle.. which indicates intent to prohibit him leaving.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:46 AM

Year: 1994

I am a rider for 30 years and have more miles on my bike in bad weather then most people have on thiers in good weather.

I agree with the statements of many "there's so many unknowns in this situation"

Had this been an act of a reckless motorist who carelessly ran over a biker as they drove by, then it would be a different story, I could see the hostility and rage (not justified, but could understand).

But it is pretty clear that these persons were being harrassed, and there was definitiely some degree of fear involved. The family I'm sure was acting out of concern for safety, and did what they needed to to protect thier own.

That being said, the courts are going to portray the bikers as church going citizens who were savagely assaulted by this heartless predudistic biker hating family.

My opinion the husband did what was necessary to protect his family.

Does any of this justify anyone being paralyzed for life? No, not in any way, but society has to teach at some point or another that if you screw around, there are consequences. That doesn't seem to be understood or taught anymore, and this is the result: you screw around, you get hurt doing so, and it's someone else's fault.

Now, just for conversation sake, imagine the tables were turned and this was a family of color in the car, and the bikers not.......just saying

I imagine this whole case is going to get some spin, and the real lessons that need to be learned will be completely lost
Old 10-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Seasoned Member

The range rover driver is Asian
The riders were Latino
Not that this should matter.
If this were
white harley riders and a black family
The spin would be?
That being said harley riders don't surround a SUV to do stunt riding on a highway.
Brake checking a car is never a good idea.
But if you ever hit anyone in front of you it's your fault.period.
The RR has anti lock brakes.
A good driver would have slowed to let these yahoos pass, then watched the show.
If everyone involved was pack n
There would have been a lot of people in the morgue right now.
BTW I love guns but living in mass.
The town police chief decides who can own a firearm.Even a rifle in your home.
LTC is rare to say the least.
An armed society is a polite society.

An armed man is a citizen

A disarmed man is a subject.

The inmates are running the asylum
Criminals don't follow gun laws anyway.
The lawyers are gonna have a field day with this one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rice burner mayhem in NYC