REAL Jeep owner's Hands !!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 07:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0L I-6
Default REAL Jeep owner's Hands !!!

This, is typical of what a REAL XJ owner's hands look like !!! Heck, all older model Jeep owners for that matter ! Especially during the first year of ownership ! They get this way because WE build them ! Most owners of newer Jeeps hands, are soft, and smooth as a babies butt ! They stay clean, because they more than likely work indoors in a cozy, comfy, air conditioned office, so that they can make thier dreaded car payments !!! UGH !!! Thier hands stay this way,,, why do you ask ???
Because they didn't build thier rig,,, they bought it !!! REAL Jeeps ARE BUILT, not bought !!! NOW, when you first look at the picture,,, your first thought is,,, it's just a dirty hand !!! But, when you slow down, and observe more closely, it's then that you notice !!! The cuts, bruises, contusions and lacerations, heck,,, maybe even a blister every now and then ! Of course you noticed the dirty fingernails! That sticks out, just like the sore thumb in the photo !!! And, just for those of you that are a little more observant, you more than likely noticed the nicotine stained fingers along with the callous from ripping the twist-off caps from numerous, ice cold long necks !!! That's when, I'm either stumped, pondering my next move or just celebrating the success of the just finished stage of the project !!! And, for those of you who are **** retentive/ extremely astute, you probably noticed that the last outer three fingers were curved unusually ? That was from being crushed and nearly amputated in an industrial work accident, over thirty years ago ! You probably also noticed the age and wrinkles too,,, that's from working hard, manual labor, out of doors, 365 a year, 10-14 hrs a day, for the best part of 40 years !!! Working without gloves,,, that's for sissys,,, in the rain, sweltering heat and the cold of long lost winters. The scarred up and misshapen knuckles of an old Marine, from bar room brawls, many years ago. And too numerous to remember them all. Half of the fights I won, I still walked away, looking like the loser !!! But, as I got older,,, that changed... Whatever you noticed, you more than likely saw the years of wisdom, skill, and, even without a picture of the other hand, you could tell that the owner was ambidextrous !!! You probably saw the dexterity, the creativity and the artsy fartsy side of the owner. But what you probably noticed the most,,, was the strength and character !!! Yes my friends,,, these are truly the hands of a seasoned veteran. These are the hands of,, , a REAL JEEP OWNER !!!

Last edited by CRLAMBERTJR; 08-29-2018 at 07:35 AM.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:04 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
Engine: 5.2

I know Jeep owners want to feel all inclusive because they drive Jeeps, but honestly those hands look like those of someone who isn't afraid to work with their hands.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0L I-6

Affirmative, not by choice ! 😐