Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

Pilot Automotive Baja Fog Lights

Old 05-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6 (The best engine ever made)
Default Pilot Automotive Baja Fog Lights

I wanted to take a minute and make a thread about these fog lights I picked up at autozone yesterday for $25! My 96 XJ has the stock fog light switch and wiring installed, but no fog lights. I think the previous owner smashed up the front end and they didn't replace the fog lights. The stock fog light wiring is located under the bumper clipped on. The oem fog lights were about $60 each, and that was hard to find. These pilot fog lights are great for $25. I was amazed at the quality and included parts for the price. It came with the pair of lights, the mounting brackets (that bolted into the stock holes in the bumper perfectly), a wiring kit, a switch, and covers for the lights. The lenses are glass and not cheap plastic. They wired into the stock wiring after I cut off the connectors on the ends (kept them of course). I just spliced them in and used a hella a lot of electrical tape. I'll post some more pictures later today. I'm posting this because if I saw these online I would be hesitant to buy them, but after seeing the quality and low price I was amazed! The wattage is the same as stock (or lower) so I wasn't worried about overheating or melting the stock wiring or switch. If anyone has any questions about these, here is the place to ask.
Pilot Automotive NV-120Z BAJA Fog Light : Amazon.com : Automotive Pilot Automotive NV-120Z BAJA Fog Light : Amazon.com : Automotive
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...fier=9749_0_0_
Attached Thumbnails Pilot Automotive Baja Fog Lights-image-1716863531.jpg  
Old 05-11-2013, 03:11 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Engine: l6 HO

It's funny... I'm pretty sure all of us have had a set of these lights when we were just starting out haha.. I know I have
Old 05-11-2013, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000

Still have a set on my bumper.. Havent worked in almost a year, been on my list to fix.

Have added KCs to the roof rack though so I doubt they will be very noticable with the KCs on.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:50 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by NewJerseyXJ609
It's funny... I'm pretty sure all of us have had a set of these lights when we were just starting out haha.. I know I have
My neighbor loves those lights He has a set on his TJ and XJ. We went night wheeling one night and after the first 1/2 mile on the trail he let me get upfront cause my Lights were lighting up the trail more then his and I was 5 rigs back lol