Performance 4 Trucks Dot Com

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 11:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L I6
Thumbs down Performance 4 Trucks Dot Com

I just want to let you all know that you should never shop at performance4trucks . com in case you ever have the chance. I am currently doing the 8.8 swap and ordered some gears and installation kits for the gears...and a mini spool, over a month ago!! My parts are finally ready to be delivered from UPS...however, i accidentally ordered the wrong gears for my D30 and called them a few weeks ago to change the order real quick (seeing how the prices were exactly the same) And they said "Sorry, we can't change the order because your stuff already shipped!!" so, i believed them and of course it was BS...I had sent numerous emails to them trying to get in contact, and they never answered..and they rarely answer the phone. So finally three weeks had past, i called again and again and again, finally getting them on the phone, who was of course a grumpy old man...and he said "Oh no, it never shipped, we dont have all of the parts gathered yet, it looks like the Ford 8.8 mini spool has to be brought in from somewhere and then it has to all ship to colorado, then to you." So being pissed off about them lying to me and then now hearing about having to wait on one of the most common application for 8.8s as far as spools go, i said some choice words and hung up. Another week went by, and still, nothing. So, i went to the bank and filed a claim with them, saying i didnt get what i supposed to and all that junk. The bank called them and of course, the next day it shipped..what do ya know. So a few more days went by and I get a call from UPS: "We had a package go out for you today that had the wrong address on the label of it, the company apologizes for the delay and we will get that out to you as soon as we can." Ooo i was pissed to hear that, so they make me wait a month then ship it to someone else? Great...now to make things even worse....I called to get a return authorization....and it was going well, got my # and then i asked when i would be getting my money (so i can order the parts from a local dealer) He said "Its been more than 30 days since the order, so unfortunately all we can do is give you store credit." Dammit to hell. I about had a cow, and I argued that i dont even have the damn parts yet!! He simply said sorry, and now im stuck in this mess and I absolutely refuse to order more parts from them with my "store credit".

Whew, sorry...had to vent some steam....any ideas on how to contact the guys higher up the chain in that company? Or what else can i do? I want my money back!! Ill keep the parts i can, but theres no way im going through this again with them....

Jeez, if you read all this...props to ya!!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:16 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1987
Engine: 4.2 .020 over

Dude I would b calling the better business bureau on em and wanting to talk to the OWNER of the company!! Talking with my bank, I WOULDNT STOP TILL I HAD EVERY DIME BACK!!! F*** STORE CREDIT GIMME MY MONEY BACK!!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by 87xj Pioneer
Dude I would b calling the better business bureau on em and wanting to talk to the OWNER of the company!! Talking with my bank, I WOULDNT STOP TILL I HAD EVERY DIME BACK!!! F*** STORE CREDIT GIMME MY MONEY BACK!!!!
Better Business Bureau! Never thought of that, good idea!! Thanks man
Old 04-13-2011, 07:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 97
Engine: 4.0L

BBB is a joke but sometimes works as a threat. Tell them your story will be on every 4x4 forum you know of and then do it. Let them know you are going to make sure they don't screw anyone else. Make sure they know you're pissed and don't accept store credit.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:56 PM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

THIS! THIS! THIS!!
Originally Posted by xjmarc
BBB is a joke but sometimes works as a threat. Tell them your story will be on every 4x4 forum you know of and then do it. Let them know you are going to make sure they don't screw anyone else. Make sure they know you're pissed and don't accept store credit.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:35 PM

I will do just that...thanks guys!