Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

only in a xj

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 04:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default only in a xj

The deer are getting pretty bad anymore it seems like (except during hunting season when you won't see a hair). over the course of two weeks my front bumper (which is stock) found two of them.. This is where i start to become even more proud of my jeep. after two solid shots the only damage is broken turn signals / side marker lamps and the grill housing is busted in one corner (its just fiberglass anyways).
Then just this morning one stepped out in front of me and gave me a little bit of time to react, unfortunately having no ABS the wheels locked up and she started sliding out of control. when it came to rest after being hurled off a 5' drop down into a ditch/pasture, all i had to do was get her turned around (doing this without rolling it was a little tricky) and the old xj walked right up out of the ditch. Only damage from that one is a kinked quarter panel from the tires bottoming out (they are on offset rims so they stick out a little). Other than deciding that I need a little more lift and I need to build a super strong front bumper, I'm just purely amazed at what this jeep has been through and walked away from.
I would give the cherokee xj a 5 star safety rating anyday.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:49 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1994
Engine: i6 HO

Jeep=1 deer = 0
Jeep=2 ditch=0
Nice!!!
Old 05-29-2011, 05:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.O

Yup.....XJ's are like deer deflectors. I hit 2 deer in one winter with my old 91 when I was living in upstate NY a few years back...... Both of them just got knocked out of the way and my xj barely had a scratch.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:24 AM
CF Veteran

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 1989 Laredo
Engine: 4.0 L 6 Renix

I run 5 deer whistles across the rooftop, I swear they work. See up to couple deer a week for years and havn't hit one. Seen em stop, turn around, change direction, they must hear the whistles, get them at the dollar store and replace them if they break or fall off. Have them and all the vehicles.