Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Leaf Springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 02:16 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default New Leaf Springs

Really kinda hate to ask this question but I looked around at napa, and rustys off road and got confused.

I decided to scrap the idea of getting new wheels and replace my pretty much flat leaf springs at the same time I have my lift installed. I already have a 2 inch budget boost sitting in a box on my living room floor and eventually Ill be able to install it once my schedule matches up well enough with the person that is going to help me out.

Anyway. My main question is this. I looked at Rusty's site and saw that there are about 6 or so different leaf springs ranging from $99 each to about $117 each.

The ones at napa are about $160 each. I am just trying to figure out why there is such a difference in price for what looks to be the same product on the Rusty's site ... the "heavy duty" ones strangely enough are the least expensive.

anyone have experience with this.. I just don't want to order the leaf springs then end up having to go out and buy bushings and bolts and clips and all kinds of stuff. I just want to be able to drop the old springs, put in the new ones and the lift and be good to go.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:02 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 94
Engine: 4.0L

I didnt check Rusty's site, but generally HD springs equate to a rough ride without alot of weight in the vehicle. This could be why they seem cheaper as their less desirable. Just a guess though..
Old 07-20-2010, 03:06 AM
CF Veteran

Yeah I was thinking that too. I just hate being the one calling up the company "Yeah i am on your website right now looking at (insert item here) ... I get enough of those types of calls myself so I just hate to subject someone else to it lol.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:37 AM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by NewXJaddict
Yeah I was thinking that too. I just hate being the one calling up the company "Yeah i am on your website right now looking at (insert item here) ... I get enough of those types of calls myself so I just hate to subject someone else to it lol.
You might hate those calls, but that is what customer service is for. There is no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to products you might be purchasing. If I were in your situation, I would call them.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Give Dirk a call, the owner, http://www.dpgoff-road.com/

First time I called I talked to the guy for 45 min. Didn't order a thing and had the cheapest price to boot. When I came accross the $$ guess who got my business. They'll find out the direction your heading and sell you what you need as opposed to what makes them money.

Look at Deaver http://www.deaverspring.com/dist.html or National springs http://www.nationalsprings.com/products/?pID=101445, if you have the $$, and do it once. The right way!!

I don't have much $ either, I just make sure I get as much as I can out of the stuff I get. If that makes any sense??

Last edited by raypla; 07-20-2010 at 04:51 PM.