Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 07:00 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 inline 6 (o yea!)
Default needing to vent!!

Okay, I went wheeling this past weekend and had a few friends that wanted to ride along. I thought no problem. Man, I don't think I will ever have people ride with me again.

1. Tried to tell me how to wheel on the trail and then get upset when I didn't follow their advice

2. Got out and watched for a little while got allllllll muddy and then climbed back into the jeep over the seats, all over the doors and handles, all over kick panels, headliner....like two year olds. One person had coffee and spilled it all over the back floor board.

3. Left trash and empty food wrappers under the seats.

Now I know I am going to get muddy, however, when I get muddy I make sure to only touch things absolutely necessary to drive and keep my feet on my floor mats. My Jeep is my daily driver and as such I actually keep the inside clean (because wearing a suit inside a muddy vehicle doesn't go well) I also like to take care of it in general. If I am nice enough to hall people around with them asking to go I would appreciate a little respect in return. Also if I am having a little difficulty with a line, don't recommend something else and then get upset because my Jeep can't climb cliffs and I choose not to try.

Anywho, I'll get off my soapbox now.

How about you guys what bugs you with passengers?
Old 03-15-2010, 07:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's where a needing a spotter gets to be a hassle sometimes. You have to let everyone that is watching know that only one person is spotting and everyone else needs to keep their mouth shut or get hit with a rock when you get out of the Jeep. The next time you decide to hit the trails and they ask to ride a long just politely tell them that the condition that your vehicle was left in the last time was inexcusable and will not happen again.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:15 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: 4.0

You could just invite them to bring thier rigs and see how well the do with the cliff you decided to avoid
Old 03-15-2010, 08:00 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1989
Model: Comanche

Yeah I know what you mean. Except I transport younger siblings and friends of siblings and they have no respect for a cars interior. Yeah I am that nice of an older brother.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:34 PM

most every one i wheel with know exactly how to do it...they have tons of respect for each other...when they ride in my jeep, they know how to act, and the same when im in theres..i even let those people that i really trust, drive my jeep...sometimes when we go wheeling, only when im with the group that knows a TON about wheeling and respect, we will switch around...ill drive one of theirs and they will drive mine..

but sometimes i will have some one in my passenger seat that doesnt know the first thing about being on a trail...i get a bit pissed then..but that doesnt happen to often
Old 03-15-2010, 08:52 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by tampaviking
You could just invite them to bring thier rigs and see how well the do with the cliff you decided to avoid
if they had rigs
Old 03-15-2010, 08:53 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by tuxfan212
Yeah I know what you mean. Except I transport younger siblings and friends of siblings and they have no respect for a cars interior. Yeah I am that nice of an older brother.
see my younger brother knows better and is a great spotter, hes 15 but can't always go
Old 03-15-2010, 08:54 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by winston427
That's where a needing a spotter gets to be a hassle sometimes. You have to let everyone that is watching know that only one person is spotting and everyone else needs to keep their mouth shut or get hit with a rock when you get out of the Jeep. The next time you decide to hit the trails and they ask to ride a long just politely tell them that the condition that your vehicle was left in the last time was inexcusable and will not happen again.

yea especially when they try to spot from INSIDE the vehicle. When they get out they just want to watch......for spotting thankfully I have other people that I wheel with that are competent
Old 03-15-2010, 10:20 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 97
Engine: 4.0L

One of the many reasons I removed the back seat.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:30 PM

Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 HO

Random panic stops will usually shut them up. For a minute.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:46 PM
CF Veteran

both great ideas
Old 03-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0 high output, Alabama Cylinder head, 60mm bored TB

Thats why I mainly bring chicks wheeling. They don't like getting out or getting covered in mud so my interior stays clean. They also freak out when you do dangerous stuff so they are perfectly willing to go the easy route lol
Old 03-16-2010, 10:04 AM
CF Veteran

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0 I6

chicks are more fun too
Old 03-17-2010, 07:58 AM
CF Veteran

yea my girlfriend loves going but, she has to work most of the time. Although she likes getting out and watching and spotting....but she knows to keep hands and feet off of stuff when muddy.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:18 AM

Year: 1999

my buddy had a chick puke down the side of his yj, then he keep feeding her more beer till she wizzed on his seat. nasty
i only let my wife and kids go with me , i had the same prob.as you except they dragged cow crap into my XJ

Quick Reply: needing to vent!!