Need Advice about Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 05:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 HO
Default Need Advice about Mods

Hey guys I'm thinking about doing following mods to my '93 Cherokee Country. If anyone has any recommendations please let me know!
  • Rubicon Express 2" Standard Suspension System with Add-a-Leafs and Twin Tube Shocks

• DynoMax 17340 Super Turbo Cat Back Kit
  • Mamba Offroad MR1X Wheels
  • BFG A/T's
  • Rubicon Express Steering Stabilizer
  • Rusty's Offroad Heavy Duty Tie Rod Kit
  • Crown Automotive Heavy Duty Leaf Spring Assembly (2)

I'm a newbie so I'm open to any advice. I'm not trying to do too much offroading but from time to time I would like to take it back to the woods. Thanks guys
Old 02-13-2017, 06:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: '98
Engine: 4.0 I6

Someone better with suspension should probably comment, but take a look at the Old Man Emu and Metalcloak lift kits.

Kind of pricey but really good ride quality for both of em. I am not really sure what else is good in a 2" lift but I am sure someone will chime in.

The rusty's tie-rod is just like a ZJ but the center bar is a bit thicker I think. Looks like a good piece of kit.

Also, I would suggest upgrading the track-bar to a double-shear design (like the new Rubicon Express, and Iron Rock Offroad Trackbars)
Don't forget sway-bar quick disconnects too. JKS makes the best ones IMO

Alot of people run these Performance Curve exhausts as well. Seem to be pretty good quality. Maybe paint the outside of the muffler if you live in a salty area - my Dynomax muffer rusted and cracked while I was offroading. Cracked because the rust weakened the flimsy outer shell maybe painting it would have helped?
http://performance-curve.com/jeepkits.aspx

Last edited by investinwaffles; 02-13-2017 at 06:48 PM.