Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Myth busters!!!! Kind of upset w them now

Well I was on lunch at work and watching tv while I ate when myth busters came on, it's probably an older rerun but still, they were recreating a scene from lethal weapon ( not sure which one) and I seem those ba$tards trash some perfectly good xj's. that's not cool in my boat. I quit watching it now!
Old 11-05-2012, 01:18 PM

Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0

They have taken a recent liking to trashing XJs, a while back they destroyed i think 4 or 5 in one episode by dropping a giant metal fist on it, needless to say i dont watch that show anymore. There kinda idiots anyways, look up the video of them trying to mount a tire with starting fluid...
Old 11-05-2012, 04:30 PM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 93 2 door

I never understand why people get so butt hurt when they see people crush or abuse cherokees. it's not like you were every going to have the chance to even consider buying and using one of those cherokees that is located more than half way across the country. what does it matter to you?

myth busters is the **** I'm going to keep watching
Old 11-05-2012, 04:35 PM

Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee(XJ)

vehicles move all accrost the country, i see xjs over here in pa quite often that actually came from florida, california, etc. It dont bother me as much as seeing them trash old muscle cars in the movies though... I think its all a plot funded by the government to get the good old cars off the road and make place for the new plastic imported hippie wagons
Old 11-05-2012, 04:36 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1988
Engine: 4.0 RENIX

Lmao are people really gonna get worked up over this? They are Cherokees people, cheap and plentiful. Your life had not been affected by a few XJs being destroyed. When you see an XJ at the junkyard do you have a ceremony right there on the spot?
Old 11-05-2012, 04:38 PM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 93 2 door

Originally Posted by jeep19xj91
vehicles move all accrost the country
not if mythbusters gets ahold of them wait didnt the show get cancelled anyway? they shot a canon ball over a mountain through a house and into someones mini van
Old 11-05-2012, 04:41 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1989

Originally Posted by CheapCherokee
When you see an XJ at the junkyard do you have a ceremony right there on the spot?
Yes, it involves repetitive motion of long sticks with circular objects with 6 or 12 points on the ends. Then followed by the exchange of intrinsic objects.

Oh and I was pretty upset when they made that giant ball out of Lego. Ruined all the pieces by gluing them. No more Lego on ebay... wait yes there is. Never mind.

Last edited by McCaffrey; 11-05-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:07 AM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by Atmos
I never understand why people get so butt hurt when they see people crush or abuse cherokees. it's not like you were every going to have the chance to even consider buying and using one of those cherokees that is located more than half way across the country. what does it matter to you?

It doesn't buy y trash perfectly good Cherokees, there I always gonna be a damn nay sayer to comment on this. It's just a post to see if other ppl agree w me. U didn't have to read this if u didn't like what I was saying.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:10 AM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by CheapCherokee
Lmao are people really gonna get worked up over this? They are Cherokees people, cheap and plentiful. Your life had not been affected by a few XJs being destroyed. When you see an XJ at the junkyard do you have a ceremony right there on the spot?
Hell yes I would. Mine has seen its better days and I'm changing to a cj at the moment but I had a lot of memories in my xj. It's just sad to see them go.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:14 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0, comp cam, 99 intake, apn header, neon injectors, Thunderbolt 2.5" High Flow Cat

Originally Posted by Atmos

The more of a vehicle is destroyed, the rarer it becomes. The rarer it becomes, the more expensive it becomes. Remember Dukes of Hazzard?
Old 11-06-2012, 07:19 AM
Resident Zombie Hunter

Year: 1997

So you love xjs so much you're changing to a cj?
Old 11-06-2012, 07:20 AM

i watched that same show. at first i was kind of pissed. but, the more i watched it. i was more impressed with how much abuse the bone stock xj's took. i think they use one of them twice and it still moved. i would like to know how many of them still ran after that.

kind of like when Top Gear UK abused a toyota truck to prove a point.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:08 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L HO

Originally Posted by UPS rat
i watched that same show. at first i was kind of pissed. but, the more i watched it. i was more impressed with how much abuse the bone stock xj's took. i think they use one of them twice and it still moved. i would like to know how many of them still ran after that.

kind of like when Top Gear UK abused a toyota truck to prove a point.
They didn't abuse that hilux. they TRIED to destroy it. I mean really they lit it on fire and sank it in the ocean for 8 hours. And it still ran and moved. Kinda like those videos during c4c of 4.0L and Ford 300 I6 running at WOT 5000rpm for 45 minutes with no oil or coolant and still not seizing.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:14 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000

Originally Posted by mrfajita

They didn't abuse that hilux. they TRIED to destroy it. I mean really they lit it on fire and sank it in the ocean for 8 hours. And it still ran and moved. Kinda like those videos during c4c of 4.0L and Ford 300 I6 running at WOT 5000rpm for 45 minutes with no oil or coolant and still not seizing.
I wanna see the 4.0 and 300 vid where did you see it, sounds awesome.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:27 PM

Engine: 4.0 I6

There were 2.1 million Xj's made from 1984-2001

I don't think they're gonna become rare anytime soon,but in the end they're all just hunks of metal.

Quick Reply: Myth busters!!!! Kind of upset w them now