XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

my XJ looks like dumbo now

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my XJ use to look like dumbo. but i changed it..take a look

alright, im sure all of you will make fun of me for this, bc for one thing it looks goofy, and another, i mounted them to the plastic bumper end caps, so naturally they will bounce some going down the road

but, i like putting brighter back up lights on my jeeps...and i bought these from my buddy who just bought the 09 caliber, who also just joined the forum yesterday with the screen name 09caliber....

but anyways, there wasnt a good place for me to mount these things at all......they were either going to be blocking the turn signals, and at first i thought about just drilling thru the rear bumper and mounting them that way, until i realized i wouldnt be able to open the hatch any more..lol

so i thought about mounting them to the bottom of the bumper, but with no lift, im afraid i would rip them off.......

SO, this is where i decided.......

i havent wired them yet....but will soon......

anyways, itll be good enough for the time being

Last edited by drummerwookie; 08-12-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:05 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

dude sorry but . what about mounting them on the roof rack mount. might look like mickey mouse then. that will get ripped off there first time out
Old 08-10-2009, 08:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1990

With all niceness this is very much not needed and looks a lil funny looks like your a tow truck on operation repo haha..
Old 08-10-2009, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by jonnyb78
dude sorry but . what about mounting them on the roof rack mount. might look like mickey mouse then. that will get ripped off there first time out
yea i thought about mounting them to the roof rack......but i decided against it......

im not wheeling it right now, probably wont for a while, but with me, when i go wheeling, i doesnt matter where they are mounted, they stand a good chance of getting ripped off..lol
Old 08-10-2009, 08:07 PM

yeah dude thats pretty fugly sorry. i would drill two round hole maybe the diameter of the lights in the bumper, and try to squeeze them in there. not sure if it would work but it would look alot better
Old 08-10-2009, 08:11 PM

Year: 1990
Engine: 4.ol renix

I vote no also if your not gonna wheel it how about under the bumper. Just get the close up to the bumper as possible.

on my YJ when i had it, it was a lot easier finding a spot to mount some 55 watt back up lights

CF Veteran

Year: 2000

true. im suprised i havent ripped mine off my roof rack. gunshows on to something there. not sure they would fit in the bumper tho
Old 08-10-2009, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by GunshowfoshoW
yeah dude thats pretty fugly sorry. i would drill two round hole maybe the diameter of the lights in the bumper, and try to squeeze them in there. not sure if it would work but it would look alot better
thats not a bad idea....have to be a hell of a hole.....but i like that idea
Old 08-10-2009, 08:14 PM

true. im suprised i havent ripped mine off my roof rack. gunshows on to something there. not sure they would fit in the bumper tho
yea, but maybe even if i could get them in there evenly but have a little sticking up outa the top of the bumper, and a little sticking outa the bottom if they are just a bit to big
Old 08-10-2009, 08:15 PM

if you dont mind, can you show me what they look like on yours?
Old 08-10-2009, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Skreed
I vote no also if your not gonna wheel it how about under the bumper. Just get the close up to the bumper as possible.
yea, that wouldnt be to bad either...eventually i am going to wheel it, but right now im trying to sell my WJ so i dont want to wheel the XJ much....but, eventually, after the WJ is gone, ill buy a newer XJ and just wheel this one...
Old 08-10-2009, 08:30 PM

i think when i get paid, im gonna go down and buy a bunch of hellas, the also some backup lights and integrate them into my stock bumpers. i would love to have after market bumpers but i cant afford them so i work with what i got. and that means cutting up the xj lol. ( i just made a swing out tire carrier)
Old 08-10-2009, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by GunshowfoshoW
i think when i get paid, im gonna go down and buy a bunch of hellas, the also some backup lights and integrate them into my stock bumpers. i would love to have after market bumpers but i cant afford them so i work with what i got. and that means cutting up the xj lol. ( i just made a swing out tire carrier)
yea, i cant afford an after market bumper either, so i try to work with what i got....

but i never thought about putting it INside my stock bumper.....

i guess just drill a decent sized hole into the bumper then just cut a 6 inch or what ever sized circle with a saw....

i gotta feeling im going to not be so good at cutting a good circle in the bumper..lol
Old 08-10-2009, 08:49 PM

i think they make hole saw bits with i bet a 6 inch diameter. hmmm, i may just go with like a 3-4" in the back.

Quick Reply: my XJ looks like dumbo now